Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way of scraping a movie using themoviedb instead of imdb?

I've a few stand up shows that don't seem to be in imdb but show in themoviedb and would like to use media companion to scrape them for me.
unabatedshagie Wrote:Is there any way of scraping a movie using themoviedb instead of imdb?
Yep, go to the Movie Preferences tab, and in the top left, select Use XBMC Scraper. It will then allow you to choose the IMDb or TMDb scraper. We don't yet have a native TMDb scraper.
Just be aware that we seem to be having a few compatibility issue after updating to the latest XBMC scrapers, but if you're lucky, you might not see them!
I assume for that to work I would need to have xbmc installed on the same machine?
Nope, not at all -the scrapers are provided along with the Media Companion install.
Hmmm, if I enable TMDB when I search for new movies as soon as MC starts to try and scrape it crashes.

Running V3.4.3.1

Any ideas on how I can get a crash log to see what might be causing the crash?
OK then, not having much luck, are you?!
Are you getting a Server Unavailable (503) error? That's what I'm seeing, and if it is the same, it will make it easier to debug!

EDIT: Could you please log this as an issue at http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/workitem/list/basic as it is probably a more suitable forum for resolving this?
hey guys question..
launching for the 1st time added the folders containing the movies but it shows every movie twice..
Ok, I keep running into a small problem with Media Companion on my TV Shows. Some shows scrape fine, but other shows not so much. Media Companion will grab the show and scrape it, but not load the seasons or episodes. Naturally after that the XBMC library will have the show with the awesome banner and fan art but no seasons or episodes. If I go to the files everything is there.
I tried to manually creating the .nfo files, which produced no results on either side. The episodes and seasons still still do not show up in the xbmc library or Media Companion. I am completely confused and welcome any advice. Please help.
Media storage: ws08r2, storage on raid5
htpc: win7 ult, local database
Hey, is anyone else having problems with movie fanart? New movies aren't scraping fanart (even when manually attempt to download) and existing fanarts (fanart.jpg) aren't displaying. This seems broken for me for the past 5 or so releases. Is there an option somewhere that I've missed selecting??
Are Offline movies broken again?

I just recently found this program and wanted to try the offline movies. But all I get is an .avi file on 0 KB and a weird tempoffline.ttt also at 0KB.
I'm using the latest MC 3.431b Weekly.

After a little search some people said this problem was fixed 6 months ago.

Since this (and download trailers locally which it doesn't seam to be able to do) is the only thing I want from MC I'm kind of reluctant to change from EMM that does everything else just fine for now.
@ToXIc69 - Does a 'Refresh All Movies' help eliminate the double-up?

@ar3inc - Sometimes you will need to go into 'TV Show Selector' but I'm not sure if this is always the case now. Then click 'Search for new Episodes' to pick up the episodes within the show folder. Ensure they have the season and episode number in accordance with XBMC regexs in the filename, at minimum.

@Constructacon - This is working for me at my end. In 'Movie Preferences -> General', are the 'Fanart Options' and 'Movie Scraper Thumbnail Priorities' checked?

@Thizizmyname - I just tried this out, and it is working as advertised. Please refer to the following note.

To all users of Media Companion, please note:
All versions 3.417b and onwards require .NET 4.0 Full Framework installed.
This is a independant download from Microsoft, not the same version as available from Windows Update! Sorry for the inconvenience, but I don't imagine this is going to be fixed anytime soon.
Just wanted to say great app - use it all the time Cool
HueyHq Wrote:@Constructacon - This is working for me at my end. In 'Movie Preferences -> General', are the 'Fanart Options' and 'Movie Scraper Thumbnail Priorities' checked?

As you can see I do have the fanart option enabled. However the other option I think you are referring to only becomes available if I select the XBMC scraper. The MC scraper has served me well since the beginning and also gives me the option to scrape certifications in the format from my country (XBMC scraper disables this option). Or am I just missing something else?

I've got the same issue as Constructacon.

I'm using fanart.jpg and all of the options are configured for this in settings. I'm not using the XBMC scrapers. None of my existing fanart is picked up and no new fanart is scraped.

Here is a log:
Code:
Actors scraped OKHD Tags Added OK
Poster scraped and saved OK
Saving folder.jpg To Path :- I:\Movies\1080p\A Christmas Carol (1951)\folder.jpg
Poster also saved as "folder.jpg" OK
Saving Fanart As :- I:\Movies\1080p\A Christmas Carol (1951)\A Christmas Carol-fanart.jpg
!!! Fanart Not Saved to :- I:\Movies\1080p\A Christmas Carol (1951)\A Christmas Carol-fanart.jpg
!!! Error received :- System.ArgumentException: The path is not of a legal form.
   at System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck, Int32 maxPathLength)
   at System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path)
   at System.IO.Path.GetFullPath(String path)
   at System.Drawing.IntSecurity.UnsafeGetFullPath(String fileName)
   at System.Drawing.IntSecurity.DemandWriteFileIO(String fileName)
   at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams)
   at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageFormat format)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.mov_StartNew()

I think it's an issue with the "Use fanart.jpg" setting. Even if I use the XBMC scrapers it doesn't respect this setting. I've got that option checked in the advanced tab, but it still creates movename-fanart.jpg when I'm using the XBMC scrapers and refuses to pick up my older fanart.jpg files.

Love the program! Thanks for all the hard work!
@Constructacon and Johnny Awesome
I have found what definitely is a bug, esp. in Johnny's case (I assume Constructacon has 'Save files as "movie.nfo", "movie.tbn", & "fanart.jpg"' checked in Advanced Prefs as well).
I'll fix that and prob. get it delivered in time for next release.
Thanks for the good find, and the info, fellas!