Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music Information Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I loaded a bunch of Music into my Library and scanned for all the artists information and everything. Then I removed everything from my Library because I was planning on doing a bit of re-tagging and organizing.

Now I have added everything back into my Library, but there is a problem. All the Artist Information is incorrect. When I highlight an Artist, it shows the correct music files, but the artist information is for the artist about 3 choices up. For example:

The Offspring - (Info from 2 artists up)
Toadies - (Info from artist before the Offspring)
Tone Loc - (Info) The Offspring was formed blah blah blah...

I know they arent tagged wrong, so it must be something that XBMC saved and is loading from the old Library.

Does anyone know how I can fix this besides manually rescanning each artist individually (which for artists with no info does not fix anything)?
I have the same issue. Did you ever figure out how to correct it? I can manually refresh every artist but man that will take forever. Choosing to refresh all artist doesn't help. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
I will say this, and say this ONLY once....

You are quite right... deletingthe music DB and scanning again will take some time....

SO...

What you need to do for next time.... is EXPORT your library.

When you choose to export your library, choose 'separate files' and make your own choice on wether you wish to override existing fanart and thumbs (I'd recommend no IF you already have your artwork side by side with your media files). If you 100% rely on scrapers to get your artwork then choose yes to overwrite existing files.

What export will do is THIS...

It will create an NFO file for every artist in your collection and an NFO file for every album. It will also save the images for every artist thumb and fanart, along with every album art too.
Then... next time you come to rescan your music, XBMC will automatically pick up those files and a) Rapidly speed up the rescan and b) have all the right choices of artwork that you'd previously set up.

Export is your friend.
Ok, so just so i am clear you say I must manually rescan every artist to correct this but that when I am done I should export to preserve it. Is there no other automated way to fix this issue? I dread going through and rescanning every artist.
Is there a reason why after running an export music library, I only get a handful of artist.nfo files? There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason why it works for some and not for others. My library resides on an unraid server, so it's possible file/folder permissions can be an issue. I can provide logs if that will help.

Thanks

Nevermind, I did something stupid.