Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Little choppy on actions scenes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have XBMC streaming video from my server just fine. But there is something weird going on. If something moves fast across the screen there is a skip or a tear in the video. Like the TV cant keep up with the video or something. I recently rebuilt the AppleTV because last time I forgot to block updates and it upgraded to 2.4 and broke everything. I have never had this issue which makes me think it may be a setting in XBMC. But I have been playing with it for 2 days now and cant seem to figure out what it is. I was hoping someone might have a suggestion that I can try out.
codeblue2k Wrote:So I have XBMC streaming video from my server just fine. But there is something weird going on. If something moves fast across the screen there is a skip or a tear in the video. Like the TV cant keep up with the video or something. I recently rebuilt the AppleTV because last time I forgot to block updates and it upgraded to 2.4 and broke everything. I have never had this issue which makes me think it may be a setting in XBMC. But I have been playing with it for 2 days now and cant seem to figure out what it is. I was hoping someone might have a suggestion that I can try out.

turn on "vsync always"
That looks to have fixed it!! Thanks Davilla!!!
Sorry guys, I have the same issue, but have no idea how to enable vsync. Any hints please? Thanks!
ignacyn Wrote:Sorry guys, I have the same issue, but have no idea how to enable vsync. Any hints please? Thanks!

I am the office so I cant verify its location, but take a look in the Video/Audio settings for something titled Vertical Synchronization. There should be three options for it one of which is Always Enabled. Sorry I couldn't help out a little more. But ill try and remember to look at it tonight and get back to you with the exact location if you haven't found it by then
All right, found it in the appearance panel - seems to have helped. Thank you!
ignacyn Wrote:All right, found it in the appearance panel - seems to have helped. Thank you!

Appearance! thats what I meant. Sorry about that. But at least you found it Smile