Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: FLV playback speed too fast?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I don't know why but for some reason my flv playback is REALLY fast, like 3x the normal playing speed so everything is like chipmunks.

Can anyone help me? Is xbmc supposed to be able to play flv?
seems to be an issue with audio samplerate which gets sped up to 44.1khz or more. what samplerate is that file? 22khz? have you tried using the plug device in your audio settings?
hmm how do I check that. Also when I click the info button it shows playing at 60+ fps...

Maybe it's something to do with my audio settings in xbmc? I had it as digital, through HDMI and downsample everything to stereo....
set your default audio output to plug:hdmi, not just hdmi
ah ok, will go try that now. be back soon Smile
Thanks haggy, it works. Much appreciated Big Grin So what's the difference between plug:hdmi and just normal hdmi?
the alsa plug device resamples the audio stream to a hardware compatible samplerate if needed. HDMI, or better your soundchip, is only capable of outputting streams with 44.1 / 48 / 96 KHz.
I'm having this same issue. If I change it to plug:hdmi it gives me a audio device error.

Currently my guisettings.xml has the working value as:

alsa:hdmi:CARD=HDMI

What should I change
I fixed it by creating a .asoundrc the this content:

Code:
pcm.!spdif {
     type hw
     card 1
     device 3
}

pcm.!default {
     type plug