Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 0 episodes in TV Show list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was able to set up my Movie library just fine with little problem but I am having such a pain in the ass getting my TV Show Library to work. Right now I only have Planet Earth, and 1 season of Rome, Family Guy and Stargate SG-1 in the library just to make things simple. Anyway, under the Videos section it sees my shows, found the thumbs and info for it and shows the lists of episodes but when I enter the TV Shows section from the main menu it shows the tv shows with the thumbs but says there are 0 episodes for each one. When I open up a tv show it says I need to update from the library.

What am I doing wrong? I set the content of the source folder "TV Shows" to where it says this folder contains tv shows and left the other choices not selected and did the same with each show within the folder and found the info for each one.

I don't know if this helps but to me it looks like the naming scheme is fine. Here is an example of a tv show file.

Family Guy: 610_-_Play_It_Again__Brian.avi

Stargate SG-1: Stargate SG-1 [1x09] Thor's Hammer.avi

Planet Earth: S01E01.mkv

Thank you for your help, I am going crazy here and feel the urge to break something.

edit: tried to fix a few typos and stuff, lack of sleep and a high anger level is not making my brain function normally Blush
Hey mate...this isn't really the right forum to ask this...and you should always consult the wiki before posting: http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/index.php?title...ine_Manual. More specifically http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=TV_Shows_(Video_Library)

I will help you out with an example though:
I use this naming convention and it works:
/TV Shows/Family Guy/Season 6/Family Guy - S06E10 - Play it again Brian.avi

Add TV Shows as a share if you haven't already then make sure you "Set Contents" to "TV Shows" and use "TheTVDB" scraper.
See

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=51614

for extra matching config file that should help.
but the thumbs are there and the episodes show up in the video library. They just arent getting populated into the TV Show section. I got my movies to work just fine with no problems but can't get the TV shows to populate for the life of me.

I got REGEX and renamed Planet Earth for testing to Planet.Earth.S01E01.mkv and so forth and add my "TV Shows" folder as a source and set it as tv show. I then Set Content and don't turn on any of the options and use IMDBtv or whatever. Then do the same for each show and nothing gets updated. The only thing that works is that in the TV Show menu from the main screen the shows show up with thumbs but just say 0 episodes.

Here is my debug log when I just tried to populate my tv show section

http://pastebin.com/m72b10bdf

Thank you
There's no need to set content on every tvshow folder. Apart from this there was no tvshow scan going on in the posted log. Best practice would be to start over with a fresh database, set content to TheTVDB on the parent tvshow folder and run the scan.

Please have a look at our online manual (see link in my signature) on how to setup the video library.
i don't believe you. that log contains no video info scanning at all
TheKommissar: I merged your two identical threads - please stick to one thread. Spreading around the forums won't get you better answers.

Thanks.
spiff Wrote:i don't believe you. that log contains no video info scanning at all

I did the same thing with my movies as I am now trying with the tv shows without any luck.

I see a scanning thing pop up but then it goes away after a second or two.
sure, that might be caused by stored directory hashes, but as you have been told by two devs now, your log does NOT contain any attempts at scanning videos.

use 'scan for new content' from context menu to force a rescan of the show in question.

i did not mean to imply that i do not believe you have problems, just that i do not believe that was a log of you doing a video scan
spiff Wrote:sure, that might be caused by stored directory hashes, but as you have been told by two devs now, your log does NOT contain any attempts at scanning videos.

use 'scan for new content' from context menu to force a rescan of the show in question.

i did not mean to imply that i do not believe you have problems, just that i do not believe that was a log of you doing a video scan

Is it not in xbmc.log? I set the preferences to have the debugging thing on.

And I even took pictures of my screen "scanning for new content" if you still don't believe me. A smaller menu pops up for a split second that says scanning but then closes and nothing is updated.
sure, but

1) you are NOT doing that in the log you posted - or it would have said so. just as
the first thing the music scanner does is to log
'# 10:26:30 T:4720 M:2102431744 DEBUG: MUSIC_INFO::CMusicInfoScanner:Tonguerocess - Starting scan'

the video scanner would do
# 10:26:30 T:4720 M:2102431744 DEBUG: VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner:Tonguerocess - Starting scan

2) do what i said, use scan for new content from context
I cleared the tv show library and moved the folder somewhere else, closed and reopened xbmc and re-added the folder in its new location as a source for TV Shows. It scanned for longer this time but it still giving me the 0 episode thing in the TV Shows menu.

http://pastebin.com/m3eaf31b9

Theres a new log that looks like it was scanning and found episode names.
ah, there we go. seems the imdb-tv scraper is borken. you should use the thetvdb-scraper, it's the only one we maintain
I've been scanning for new content on everything I see, the source folder, and individual show folders both in the Videos library and in the TV Shows library. I even went to info and made sure IMDB tv was finding the correct shows because the other choices weren't picking up the correct ones.

Same thing, except the scanning box pops up for a little longer but nothing changes.
spiff Wrote:ah, there we go. seems the imdb-tv scraper is borken. you should use the thetvdb-scraper, it's the only one we maintain

I'll keep trying but when I have used thetvdb one it finds Rome 1914 and Planet Earth 1974 instead of the correct ones from 05 and 06 even though I have the folders titled "Planet Earth (2006)" and "Rome (2005)"
Pages: 1 2