Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC iPhone Remote from Collect3 - an unofficial third-party remote control app
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
I figured I would start a new thread, since the old one actually covered several different topics.

Version 1.5 of the XBMC Iphone Remote has just hit the app store. You might have noticed that there was a few numbers skipped since the last version number. We felt that since there was so much that went into this version that it deserved a bump of more than just .1!

The biggest changes were made to the setup process. We now use zeroconf to discover your host automatically and UPNP to set up 3g/edge access. Setup should be a breeze from here on out.

Here is a complete changelog for v 1.5:

Added: Zeroconf configuration* and Auto setup for external access**
Added: Ability to browse music plugins and last.fm on the device. Warning! Any option that brings up the keyboard in XBMC (like "search"), will block the webserver.
Added: Two new buttons for the button remote. One calls the shutdown menu and the other toggles fullscreen.
Added: More responsive volume slider in "Now Playing"
Added: Improvements to the connection logic. If you are on wifi and it can't connect using your local ip, it will try the external host.
Added: Completely redesigned the media info view.
Added: Star rating of music.
Added: OS 3.0 compatibility.

Fixed: In Button Remote, update music library now actually updates music library.
Fixed: In Button Remote, info button no longer freezes remote/webserver.
Fixed: Playlists can now be queued.
Fixed: Albums are now queued in order if you select an individual song.
Fixed: Fixed issue when resuming remote from suspend that caused blank media screens.
Fixed: Now Playing Playlist view shows title and duration of music instead of paths.
Fixed: Host wasn't autmatically being connected to after discovery.
Fixed: Improved version detection.
Fixed: Removed Info button from playlist view since it always got in the way.
Fixed: Connecting over 3g or Edge.
Fixed: Queuing all from files view no longer queues album art or posters in the folder as well.
Fixed: Crashes when queuing items from source.

*Mac OSX and Linux Only
** Available on all platforms

Screenshots:
Image Image Image

Image Image Image

You can see a video of the new version in action HERE.

We are also going to give away a couple of free copies of the app to the user with the most embarrassing Movie in their XBMC library. Remember, if it is too far out there, we may require a screenshot to prove that you actually that bad of taste.

I am going to leave the contest open for a couple of days to give everyone a chance to post. Now let us have it!

Rand
More Screenshots:
Image Image Image

Image Image Image
Here's mine, actually there for my mom though...

**I'm not in the competetion, don't have an Iphone**
mcborzu Wrote:Here's mine, actually there for my mom though...

Sure they are. You sicko Wink

mcborzu really brought the big guns from the start. Lets see if anyone can top that!
Here are my 3 crappiest movies Smile

and my wife also has...
my most embarrassing movie Smile

I can watch Suburban Comando! Try getting thru the first 15 minutes of "Bled"! Wow, is it horrible Big Grin
Yeah, Suburban Commando was gold. Did I just say that?

Keep 'em coming guys. We are also running another contest here for anyone interested.
Keep 'em coming guys. I am going to leave the contest open till Saturday. I figure that will give some of the weekend geeks time to chime in!
Unfortunately, hearing the Dalai Lama speak at my University was extremely boring/anticlimactic, so the fact that his movie starts with the number "10" keeps it right at the top of my alphabetical Library, staring at me, mocking me... because I've never watched it, but won't delete it either Sad

May not be able to verify it with a screenshot because my Videos source hasn't allowed me to "set content" since updating to the latest version of Babylon Confused

Anyway, great looking app!!!

NS
Jeez NotShorty, some people would kill to hear the Dalai Lama speak and you were probably playing games on your iPhone while he was talking Wink

What uni were you at and when?
Ha, that was actually in my pre-touchscreen phone days Smile I think it was the very public, non-intimate setting that watered the experience down. Disappointing because I was really excited about it...

Nova Southeastern University (Ft. Lauderdale, FL) in 2004

Quick googling
http://www.buddhistview.com/site/epage/18858_225.htm
I have buyed this nice piece of software today and i am very pleased with this software, works very smooth.
I miss one thing that i can`t find on iphone remote and that is when i selected a video folder and normaly click right mouse button you get a new screen where you also have the option set content, scan folders but i miss it in the iphone remote.
Is this a special button combination or is it not implemented yet ?

Thanks in advance.

ysco..
Yeah, you can add custom buttons to the "button remote" If you go to Remote (make sure you are looking at the button remote not the gesture remote) hit edit at the top of the screen. You can drag the buttons around and resize them or you can choose add to put in a new button.

If you have any more questions, I would be glad to answer them on our forums. For now, I would like to keep this as an announcement thread Wink

Ok guys. Another day to get your mits on a free copy.
@ Rand Al Thor

Thx for the info mate, will post furter questions in your forum.

Keep up the good work

ysco..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32