Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MusicLibrary] Different Language - Different Compilations with the same Library?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

I have a Problem with the Music Library. My Compilation-Albums doesn´t show up in the Library, but under Albums. My XBMC-Language is set to "German", the "Album-Artist"-Tag is set to "Various Artists". The only Compilation (in German: Sampler) that shows up, is the one, where the "Album-Artist"-Tag is set to "Verschiedene Interpreten", which is the same as "Various Artists", only German.

German Language - Album View (Alben)

German Language - Compilations View (Sampler)

If i set my XBMC-Language to "English", all Compilations shows up, except the one with "Verschiedene Interpreten" Oo

English Language - Album View
English Language - Compilation View

How can i set the Album-Artist for "Compilations in XBMC to "Various Artists|Verschiedene Interpreten|VA|...", so that _all_ my Compilations show up in XBMC?

I can provide a full debug-og if you need one. Tested with Win (Latest Versin via XBMC- Upgrader) and Xbox (Latest T3CH afair ~21.05.)
thx in advance
For Compilation-Albums just set "Album-Artist"-Tag to "" blank.
There is actually a problem in the db as I believe in some cases we store the localized version of Various Artists in the db itself, rather than translating at presentation time.

As smuto points out, though, you shouldn't have to set the album-artist to "various artists" - just leave it blank is best.

If the album artist is set, then XBMC has to assume that it is the album artist - we can't know the meaning of whatever it is in whatever language you choose (eg some people might use "various" as the album artist, and we'd fail there as well).

With that said, there may be some better heuristics we can apply - suggestions welcome.

Cheers,
Jonathan
I just tested it with a blank Album-Tag. It works, if the language is set to "English". If i set the language to "German" and want to look into Compilations (Sampler) XBMC says "Netzwerk-Quelle: Der Pfad wurde nicht gefunden oder ist ungültig", which is "Network-Source: Path not found or invalid" translated (or something like that). Oo XBMC doesn´t show up the Compilations with the German language. What can be done to fix this Problem? Deleting and rescanning DB doesn´t help.

BTW: How can i hide the Compilations under "Albums", so that they show up only under "Compilations?

thx
As I said earlier, that's because your initial scan was likely using English. Take a look in your db and see if the various artists is listed as an artist anywhere.

Cheers,
Jonathan