Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Access to share suddenly denied (without anything being changed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This problem has been posted several times lately, but I haven't found a satisfying answer to it.

I'm running xbmc on an Xbox and have my media on a NAS (Buffalo TeraStation), both connected through a D-Link Gateway/Router. This setup has been running for several years without any problems at all.

Suddenly one day I can't access the share on my NAS, but get a "Lock preferences" dialog. I try my username and password for the share, but just get back to the dialog. Reading about the dialog in the online manual I get the impression that it has something to do with profiles, but I only have the Master User which has the profile lock disabled.

I haven't changed anything since it worked, neither on the xbox nor the NAS.

I can still access the internet from the Xbox, and the Xbox through FTP from a computer on the LAN, so there is no problem with the connection. And I can access the share on the NAS both from a Windows computer and from a Linux computer.

Here is a log file: http://pastebin.com/m519a547a

It says something about "Access denied", but I have checked the username and password and they are correct and work from other computers, as mentioned above.

Anyone having a soluting to this?
Have you tried to disable the shared folder and then re-enable it? I've found that sometimes I can't access new items on my laptop and disabling and then enabling the share fixes it for me. It may not be the same thing you're experiencing, but it might work for you.
Thanks for the tip! The problem is my share is on a NAS with limited capabilities. I can't disable and enable the share. The only thing I can do is remove and recreate it, but then everything has to be moved somewhere else first... And as we talk about a lot of Gb I would prefer to try other things first. Wink
Whoops. Sorry 'bout that. There's got to be a better way to do it. You can try updating your xbox build. I notice that it's from November of 2008 which is an eternity in terms of XBMC. You can google "t3ch xbmc" and get the latest stable from there and see if it works then.

some people with the same error:
http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5797
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=6321
Have you physically reset all the hardware? (unplugging, letting set for 30 seconds or so, pluging back in and turning back on)

My router acts screwing every now and then and this usually fixes it.

Just a thought, if you haven't tried it.

But if you truly have not changed anything w/ XBMC, and it worked before, then I would think the problem would not lie there.
Yes, I have rebooted all hardware several times with no success.

I'll try a newer version of xbmc and get back to this thread with the result. Soon back!
OK, I've upgraded to the latest stable version I could find, which was 9.04.1 built 2009-06-01. But sadly the problem remains... Sad
Nono.. try the latest nightly build, not latest stable.

Also, it may be best if you can find out whether something changed on the NAS. Perhaps the samba server version?

Find out the versions that your NAS has.
Basically, I am curious as to whether this fix (r20159) would be relevant on Xbox as well.

r20159 Fixed: Blind attempt #2 to fix Mac OS X and smb + lanman auth. Let's also add client lanman auth = yes.

If you can check your smb.conf and version on the NAS, we may be able to determine if this is the issue or not.
I downloaded and installed the latest build I could find, which was "T3CH XBMC 2009-06-27 SVN rev21142". The problem remains...

Nothing has changed on the NAS for ages, at least concerning software versions and configuration. The NAS is a Buffalo TeraStation (running firmware version 1.12), which means it is a black box for me. I've got an http based configuration interface and that's it. I have no possibilities checking the smb.conf... Sad
Something HAS to have changed. It wouldn't stop working out of the blue like that.

You could try to enable samba debug by changing the advancedsettings.xml file (read the wiki on how to change the loglevel).
Yes, I agree with you. Common sense says that something has to have changed...

But searching through this forum and other forums on the web, I see a lot of people having reported exactly the same problem - it has worked for years and suddenly the "Lock preferences" dialog pops up, without anything having changed. But I haven't found a satisfactory solution. One or two have unshared and reshared and got it working, but that doesn't explain what was wrong in the first place...

I'll look into the samba debug settings. I'll be back!
I've solved the problem! Big Grin

I noticed that when accessing the NAS from my PC there is a slight delay, which has not been there before (could be some hardware problem on the NAS).

In the advancedsettings.xml I found the tag

<samba>
<clienttimeout></clienttimeout> <!-- timeout (in seconds) -->
</samba>

Increasing the timeout solved the problem.

Thanks for all help!!!