Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Newlines in Episode Descriptions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What's the proper way to handle newlines in TV episode descriptions? I just use thetvdb.com (no NFOs for TV episodes) and List view (Full), but when there's a description with newlines, it's layed out completely wrong in List View.

I can edit it so that it appears as {line 1} | {line 2 } | ..., but then it doesn't look right when I go to the Info screen of that episode.

Is there a way to have newlines in the descriptions without messing up List View? I'm on Linux, in case it's some odd problem with \r and \n.
Not an Aeon specific topic, but this is one of those things that drives me nuts with XBMC. I'm no expert in regards to skinning, but I started delving into the API / skin spec in hopes of correcting this problem (or personal preference). As far as I can tell, line handling and paragraph spacing fall under the context of XBMC itself. Theres nothing one can do from the skinning front to address the inline presentation of a text block. Something to add to the development backlog I assume.
oo_void Wrote:Not an Aeon specific topic, but this is one of those things that drives me nuts with XBMC. I'm no expert in regards to skinning, but I started delving into the API / skin spec in hopes of correcting this problem (or personal preference). As far as I can tell, line handling and paragraph spacing fall under the context of XBMC itself. Theres nothing one can do from the skinning front to address the inline presentation of a text block. Something to add to the development backlog I assume.

Oops, sorry. I didn't know this was for XBMC in general -- I've never used a skin/view that used single-line descriptions before.

I'm with you, though -- why can't this be fixed? I'm assuming it's pretty easy. Just do a replace(description, "\n", " | ") or something. Is there a bug/feature request somewhere I can track this with?
How about some screenshots of this "messing up"?