Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] MediaStream_Redux MOD Pack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
bardenas Wrote:That mod is great!!
Here is my spanish xml: http://www.mediafire.com/?kyytimod2zo

Thanks. It's added now.
mvdaat Wrote:I have an question about the time song information is shown when you are watching visuals.
It seems that the information window is showing for 40 seconds. Is there a place where you can change this?
I would love to see an option for it so I can change it for example to 5 seconds

Let me make sure I understand how to replicate this - I go into music, select a song, hit esc to go back to the home screen, hit tab to show the visualizations and the info screen also comes up. When I do this, it only stays there for 5 seconds for me. I don't really use the visualizations, so if you're viewing them some other way, let me know and I'll see if I can replicate the problem.
Aenima99x Wrote:Thanks for the heads up Ronie. Do you know by chance if there's a Trac ticket or status about the xbmctex issue?

not that i'm aware of.

the issue with animated gifs seems to be fixed now.
as for the xbox texture corruption, i'll test it again by the end of next week. if it's still there i'll create a trac ticket.
Thanks Ronie.
what I do is play for example a shoutcast stream then I select a button on my remote for visuals (or just wait for them to start) then when a new song starts on the shoutcast stream it shows me the song info on the left of the screen for 40 seconds
mvdaat Wrote:what I do is play for example a shoutcast stream then I select a button on my remote for visuals (or just wait for them to start) then when a new song starts on the shoutcast stream it shows me the song info on the left of the screen for 40 seconds

interesting. the max time for this display is 15 seconds normally (plus transition time).

you can set a fixed time in advancedsettings.xml:

<songinfoduration>

This controls how long the song information will remain onscreen when the song changes during visualisations. The valid range is 1 to 15, in seconds. This does not include the duration of any transition effects. (The default is 2 seconds.)

<songinfoduration>10</songinfoduration>

see if that helps.
Thanks Azido,

You were right!
Changed the value to 5 seconds <songinfoduration>5</songinfoduration>
And now it's taking 20 seconds (did a check on transition time and it was standing on 15)

The only thing I don't understand is why does it also take the transition time for song info

After some extra testing it seems like the setting <songinfoduration> is the number you fill-in times 4
so 1 = 4
2 = 8
5 = 20
Hi,

Great mod! I was wondering if its possible to add my own custom movie genre icons? I found the template Photoshop file "oldPosters-MAKER.psd" on one of the threads (Cant remember where). I created the new movie genre icon .jpg, but I cant get it to show in my library. I think I read somewhere that it goes into the "media" folder. Inside that folder I can see a file named "Textures.xpr". My question is how am I to view/edit the contents of that file so I can add my new icon? Is it a simple process such as uncompressing the file adding mine then recompressing it?
Rastan Wrote:Hi,

Great mod! I was wondering if its possible to add my own custom movie genre icons? I found the template Photoshop file "oldPosters-MAKER.psd" on one of the threads (Cant remember where). I created the new movie genre icon .jpg, but I cant get it to show in my library. I think I read somewhere that it goes into the "media" folder. Inside that folder I can see a file named "Textures.xpr". My question is how am I to view/edit the contents of that file so I can add my new icon? Is it a simple process such as uncompressing the file adding mine then recompressing it?

Are you trying to replace one of the existing images or add a new one?
If you have a new one, link it here and I'll add it. If you want to replace one, then you need to use XPRExpress to extract the XPR file, add your icon to the moviegenre folder and then use XBMCTex to pack it back together.

Edit - you can d/l XPRExpress here
mvdaat Wrote:Thanks Azido,

You were right!
Changed the value to 5 seconds <songinfoduration>5</songinfoduration>
And now it's taking 20 seconds (did a check on transition time and it was standing on 15)

The only thing I don't understand is why does it also take the transition time for song info

After some extra testing it seems like the setting <songinfoduration> is the number you fill-in times 4
so 1 = 4
2 = 8
5 = 20

you're welcome..

the transition (animation) time is the time taken for blending in and out of the info, while songinfoduration is the time the info stays onscreen. if a skinner (or modder) changes/fixes that time to any value, it will be added to the overall displaying time, else it defaults to 2 seconds. thats how i interpret that thing.

on the other hand, without changing any value, for me this mod seems to work with the defaults, showing that info for a few seconds and going back to the full visualisation, even on shoutcast streams (tested yesterday). dunno why it takes that long for you. my question here is: does the transition take 7,5 seconds to blend in and 7,5 seconds to blend out that info (must be looking really slow then) or does it blend in/out fast and the info stays for a longer time than you fixed in advancedsettings?
aenima,

did you adopt this change from jezze-x's original skin?

* Fixed skin setting "Enable auto scrolling for plot & review" did nothing for most views

if not, can you update to reflect his recent changes?
Aenima99x Wrote:Are you trying to replace one of the existing images or add a new one?
If you have a new one, link it here and I'll add it. If you want to replace one, then you need to use XPRExpress to extract the XPR file, add your icon to the moviegenre folder and then use XBMCTex to pack it back together.

Edit - you can d/l XPRExpress here

Thanks for the reply. I want to add new images for my extra genre's. Many many thanks for the link to the XPRExpress software. I have managed to successfully add my new images to your XPR and they show up fine on my Xbox Big Grin

The two genres I added are Reality-TV and Kung-Fu. You may add it to yours if you like.

Anyone tested the mod with Jezz_X's 0.9.5 update?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=371...tcount=314

Wait, this is a full blown skin. I forgot.
SlaveUnit Wrote:Anyone tested the mod with Jezz_X's 0.9.5 update?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=371...tcount=314

how should one do that? i guess this mod is a complete version, isn't it? copying over won't do it then.
azido Wrote:how should one do that? i guess this mod is a complete version, isn't it? copying over won't do it then.

Yeah Im not sure. Because if you move everything over it will all be changed to the mod. Anything you are looking for from Jezz-X's you can just request in here.

I think the only one I REALLY care about is:
Added Custom Shutdown Timer option to shutdown dialog and time left text as well if you have one set http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/3...enshot015x.jpg
and maybe the lyrics button added.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49