Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] MediaStream_Redux MOD Pack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
fidoboy Wrote:I'm not sure to understand you sorry, but the problem is that the scrapper that i'm using for movies retrieves the info in that way. For example, for the movie "The mist" it shows "Dimension films / Darkwood studios", on other movies it shows only the studio name and the flag works fine...

So i suppose that each scrapper (and web site where the scrapper looks for info) works in a different way and there isn't a fixed rule, the best solution is to allow to specify a custom field separator (or many of them) and then, split the studio field contents using the user defined separator ( / for example, or | or whatever...)

regards,

regards,

wouldn't it be easier to fine tune the movie.nfo to use the correct studio?
imho those informations on the web databases anyway don't always have the correct studio informations. this happens a lot to me on german based scrapers for example.
azido Wrote:wouldn't it be easier to fine tune the movie.nfo to use the correct studio?
imho those informations on the web databases anyway don't always have the correct studio informations. this happens a lot to me on german based scrapers for example.

Well, that's a lot of work... it can be done, but it's unnecessary work. Isn't it? If just the flagger could split the field content using a delimiter... then the problem could be solved easily.

Just my two cents...
fidoboy Wrote:Well, that's a lot of work... it can be done, but it's unnecessary work. Isn't it? If just the flagger could split the field content using a delimiter... then the problem could be solved easily.

Just my two cents...

still not for those that simply don't have the correct studio inside the <studio> field.

a lot of work? depends. initially yes, when starting from scratch. or maybe not, since let's say 80% of the studios might have been written down correct from first scrape.

i'd say we anyway all spend lot of time and work on xbmc, so i don't care, verifying my nfos is a must and my goal is not to be completely done in 10 minutes..
Zosky - Nice work! Cool
It's all been updated on git now.

Quote:[*]how to do incremental animation (1 day after the other) ?
Added. Wink Let me know if you think the speed should be adjusted.

Quote:[*]i dont want to expand the height of the sub-menu (... no location) -- thoughts ?
I don't know if we really need it show the location. I guess if the majority want it there, then we can figure something out.

Quote:[*]this should auto-disable the pop-up (@ top-right) ?? ... if so -- how ?
Quote:BTW: forget the "all weather" thing i posted a couple of days back; it need to be re-worked in with this stuff
I've set it so the Top-right Weather is not visible when the 3 Day Forecast is enabled. However that leads to the next question, it stills shows when the Weather on All screens option is enabled, do you wanna remove that now?

Quote:[*]where is the (>) @ bottom left... it should now show for weather
Fixed.

Is possible to add ur own version of this mod "cdArt" concept"
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=53242
KingJames Wrote:Is possible to add ur own version of this mod "cdArt" concept"

SlaveUnit, Zosky, and I have teamed up to work together on the mod going forward, so we'll talk about it. Smile
Aenima99x Wrote:Yup good idea. I've added it into the System Info screen. I'm just not real sure the best way to update version. I'm just manually adding the version/date into the xml for the screen. If anyone knows of a better way to do this, please let me know.

this use to be stickied
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ision+skin

direct link
http://xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/svn/pa...KINXML.BAT
Nuka1195 Wrote:this use to be stickied
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ision+skin

direct link
http://xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/svn/pa...KINXML.BAT

They use GIT not SVN and I don't think either of them use windows fulltime either (but that last one is a guess)
Thanks Nuka, but Jezz is right. We use GIT and I use Linux full time.
Aenima99x Wrote:Zosky - Nice work! Cool
It's all been updated on git now.
Thanks for all kudos, help and suggestions Big Grin
Quote:Added. Wink Let me know if you think the speed should be adjusted.
i see how delay works now - but it is causing the flow to SHARPLY change directions, breaking the upwards movement up the sub-menu ... please also delay the 2 <slide> lines in each <day> ... this way we <slide> & <fade> 1, by 1... as if coming out of the Main Menu.

As for the speed; the pace is great! however there is an <awkward> delay at the begining
Quote:I don't know if we really need it show the location. I guess if the majority want it there, then we can figure something out.
it was part of the original concept, but it's not a deal breaker. i agree

Quote:I've set it so the Top-right Weather is not visible when the 3 Day Forecast is enabled. However that leads to the next question, it stills shows when the Weather on All screens option is enabled, do you wanna remove that now?

Awesome Q -- i think we need a better "all weather" display. i like what you're working on
we need to figure out how all these elements are going to interact together (& where TWC+ fits in to the picture)

the weekends are always a mess for me.
i can be on IRC most evenings m-f -- what's your sced like ?

i'm looking forward to working together. the flaging stuff is looking better.
but i don't have any studios in my library o' ~350 ?
where is this scraped from; are yall building NFOs for each file ?
A little suggestion. I was thinking about why not to auto-open the submenu when in horizontal mode in home screen. Fore example, you select Movies, and after 1 second, if user stays on Movies menu, then the submenu opens to show the other options. This way is more intuitive if user doesn't know about using up arrow to show that menu (or for example, in weather menu). If user press, left or right, then the sub-menu closes itself automatically. Also, the horizontal menu needs to have the small arrow icon pointing upwards...

Another suggestion, currently the Recently added panel (for movies and tv shows) does have a grey color, i thik that this should have a black background, just like the weather panel (and other panels in skin) to fit best with the rest of the skin. Also it could be nice if this panel have an animation from right to slide into the view.

Is it possible to show all movie covers stacked in recently added movies? Right now this panel shows the last 4 movies added, but only the last one cover is being shown. It could be nice and useful to show the four covers stacked in same order with the last one, bigger and over the other covers...

Regards,
KingJames Wrote:Is possible to add ur own version of this mod "cdArt" concept"

I kind of figured out a workaround from using the link u gave. Download the package below and backup then overwrite your Musicvisulixation.xml with the one in the package. Then move over the backdrops folder to the media folder of your skin. I also found out this works great for xbox users who use smb share for thier music as i do and needed this to work.

All you do is make sure the name of the file is artist-album ex...
(Green Day-American Idiot.png) and put it in the cd folder. Theres no need to make seperate folders for each band. If there is a Font in there i didnt touch it, I just used the musicvisulization.xml and the backdrops folder.

I use this and it works great, the only thing there is no backdrop behind the text that appears on the homescreen. This is an aeon mod and i guess you would need someone to make one for this skin.

I dont take credit for this i only used this mod to see if it would even work with Redux and it did.

http://rapidshare.com/files/252938653/cdArt_MOD_fix.rar
mediastream has a build.sh, that appears to do what build.bat does (i don't speak .sh)

in your hidden ".git" folder maybe theres a code you could use for revision.

but you could alway skip the revision and just use version.
zosky Wrote:where is this scraped from; are yall building NFOs for each file ?
I'm using mixed nfo/urls with the IMDB scraper as a fallback for any movies I don't have an nfo for.
I believe SlaveUnit is using the IMDB scraper?
fidoboy Wrote:A little suggestion. I was thinking about why not to auto-open the submenu when in horizontal mode in home screen. Fore example, you select Movies, and after 1 second, if user stays on Movies menu, then the submenu opens to show the other options. This way is more intuitive if user doesn't know about using up arrow to show that menu (or for example, in weather menu). If user press, left or right, then the sub-menu closes itself automatically. Also, the horizontal menu needs to have the small arrow icon pointing upwards...
I'm not sure if that's something we'll incorporate, but as with everything, if there's enough interest then we'll look into it.

Quote:Another suggestion, currently the Recently added panel (for movies and tv shows) does have a grey color, i thik that this should have a black background, just like the weather panel (and other panels in skin) to fit best with the rest of the skin. Also it could be nice if this panel have an animation from right to slide into the view.
A redesign of the "Recently Added" is on our to-do list.

Quote:Is it possible to show all movie covers stacked in recently added movies? Right now this panel shows the last 4 movies added, but only the last one cover is being shown. It could be nice and useful to show the four covers stacked in same order with the last one, bigger and over the other covers...
This will be part of the new "Recently Added" when we add it
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49