Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] MediaStream_Redux MOD Pack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
nc88keyz Wrote:aparently, i was relying on themoviedb.org to scrape mpaa ratings and studio info.

It does not at this time. At least not in any usable capacity. I switched to IMDB and backed up library. It pulls everything but the fan art and thumbs blow.

Im not willming to scrape outside xbmc at this time. I tried it and thought it was kinda tedious.

My apologies for pointing fingers, i just assumed the default scraper in xbmc these days would do this task. I realize that themoviedb.org is still young and growing.

I discovered this when viewing the db in sqlite spy

Here is what you can do...
1. Scrape everything from themoviedb.org.
2. Then export it all to seperate files. This will create 3 new files in each movie dir. The movie nfo, the tbn for the movie poster and a fanart jpg.
3. Then do a search for *.nfo and erase them all. So now you have all the artwork that you like.
4. Now rename (or delete) your myvideos.db file.
5. Now put the scraper back to imdb and scrape again.
6. Once finished, do another export to seperate files, but when it asks do you want to overwrite the thumbs and fanart, say no. Then it will export only the nfo files.
7. Then rename (or delete) the myvideos34.db again and rescan. It will then grab all the nfos and art you want.

Hope this makes some sense.
Geeba Wrote:Should I overwrite thou?

I always do.
noumenon Wrote:does anyone else have an interest in the old wall stream view from mediastream?

I think part of what hampered that was there was no background loading of images... I think with mediastream redux/mod this would be awesome.

thanks,
noumenon

Yeah, I have many albums in the music library and that view is super convenient to browse them. Right now you can only see a couple of albums using the thumb view.

I'd definitely love to see the wall view back!
SlaveUnit Wrote:2. ADDED - 300 new studios icons, thanks to the xbmc collective (especially aeon native flags mod, transparency!, miniMedia)

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=92802...0a1ae8665a

just wondering, did you create the zip file on linux ?

if so, that's probably the reason why some of the studio logo filenames are corrupt.
like:
arte France CinE--¬++ºma.png
PathE--¬++º Consortium CinE--¬++ºma.png
ZespU--¬+-¼l Filmowy Tor.png

same thing happened to me when i created a zip of the last Transparency! release.
seems linux doesn't handle those special characters to well when creating zip/rar files.

edit:
the reason why it's trying to overwrite files on extraction,
the zip includes files with the same filename but different capitalization:
BBC One.png
BBC ONE.png
while this is perfectly fine on case sensitive systems like linux,
it'll cause errors on windows.
ronie Wrote:just wondering, did you create the zip file on linux ?

if so, that's probably the reason why some of the studio logo filenames are corrupt.
like:

same thing happened to me when i created a zip of the last Transparency! release.
seems linux doesn't handle those special characters to well when creating zip/rar files.

edit:
BBC One.png
BBC ONE.png

Yup, was just talking about that. I just happen to notice them.
ronie Wrote:just wondering, did you create the zip file on linux ?

like:

edit:
BBC One.png
BBC ONE.png
SlaveUnit Wrote:Yup, was just talking about that. I just happen to notice them.

we're using git, it builds the zip files.
i pulled it and "forced unzip with lower case" .... then deleted 139 DuPs.
once Aenima99x mergers the branches it should be fixed.
we still added 160.new (300-139) to ~1000

check this --- Aenime99x added a new view >> Movie > Studio
( i have ~450 movies & 212 studies .... 2:1 .... Eek )

next up ...
Image Image

thats 2 o' 50 ... waahoo
So, I asked this over in the visualizations area, but apparently it is a skin based feature. As mediastream/redux/mod is my skin of choice:

I think a now playing visualization would be a great addition to redux/mod. Something like what they did over at plex http://elan.plexapp.com/2009/04/23/relea...xperience/

I never use the current visualizations b/c they are simply too much on a large screen. Something simple and informative seems like a great solution.

thanks,
noumenon
zosky Wrote:we're using git, it builds the zip files.
i pulled it and "forced unzip with lower case" .... then deleted 139 DuPs.
once Aenima99x mergers the branches it should be fixed.
we still added 160.new (300-139) to ~1000
that was my main reason for downloading it, just to see if there's some new
studio logo's i could include in Transparency!

zosky Wrote:check this --- Aenime99x added a new view >> Movie > Studio

nice! looks a bit familiar, but still, nice. must have seen something similar in another skin....... but can't seem to remember which one it was. ;-)

zosky Wrote:next up ...
Image Image

thats 2 o' 50 ... waahoo

you can say that again!!!!
these are great, wow!

just when did you say the next version is going to be released??
ronie Wrote:that was my main reason for downloading it, just to see if there's some new
studio logo's i could include in Transparency!

hahaha, too funny. you didnt notice the credited for 1.1.2 (we "synchronised" our studio flags with aeon, miniMedia & you Laugh ) ... with a 1:2 ration it is a loosing battle. we wont be chasing this dragon any more. there's more fun to be had

thanks for the props, these icons will be the death of me -- 2 in 50... i hope there is some serious curve here, like stella gets here groove back... i've been PMing for 4 years &designing... not so much Confused anyone else out there know how to do this (properly Eek)

ronie Wrote:just when did you say the next version is going to be released??
we're not keeping track of a schedule, more so what we (or sometimes others) want in a road-map and having a little fun each day Smile

1.1.3 is almost done, then for 1.1.4 slaveUnit has something cool scheduled. im excited.
"1.1.3 is almost done, then for 1.1.4 slaveUnit has something cool scheduled. im excited. "

I do?
SlaveUnit Wrote:"1.1.3 is almost done, then for 1.1.4 slaveUnit has something cool scheduled. im excited. "

I do?

Laugh Rofl
really want try this mod, dunt know how github works, is it possible to post direct download links? thx!
pigheadpaul Wrote:really want try this mod, dunt know how github works, is it possible to post direct download links? thx!

Uhh have you even looked in the thread for them?

For the non technical github way just go there and hit download. Its not too though.

http://github.com/aenima99x/MediaStream_...its/master
After a systeem rebuild I'm not seeing any submenu items anymore (In horizontal menu).
Did a clean git install today but still no subicoons in horizontal view in normal view I can see them.

I looks like they are transparant or something
Found the solution!
Had to change the square to 0.9999 (or something) in screen calibration
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49