Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] Either vsync enabled (jerky playback) or terrible horizontal tearing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey folks, I've gone and installed Ubuntu Jaunty on my would be HTPC and trying to get XBMC sorted on it.

SD xvid playback is fine, however 1080p mkv playback is giving me some grief.

The problem is this, either I enable vsync, which gives video playback that is way out of sync with the audio, swinging from a slight slow motion to a slight fast forward. If I dont activate vsync, the playback syncs fine, but with terrible horizontal tearing, mostly in the top third of the screen.

VDPAU is selected in the settings.

The strange part is that playback is fine for the same files on Ubuntu's movie player (once the codecs etc are installed).

HARDWARE:
Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H
(GeForce 7100 / nForce 630i )
Intel E5200 cpu, overclocked to 3 ghz
2gb ram
(Using the NVIDIA drivers recommended by Ubuntu)

I'd really appreciate any advice or input on getting this sorted!
Thanks!
full debug log -> pastebin.com
Well, operating under the assumption the problem was me, rather than a bug, I went & reinstalled Jaunty, letting Envy take care of the video drivers for me, instead of the default installer.

Just reinstalled XBMC & tested it!

BEAUTIFUL!

Many many thanks to all the XBMC developers and the XBMC community for all your help!