Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Setting to XBMC Dash with Clock Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I've just got my old hotswapped XBox out of the cupboard. I'm sure it used to boot into Unleash X but now it just goes to the MS Dash Clock and does even if I set the time and reboot.

Want I really want to do is make XBMC my default dash but I've got a feeling that it won't do that until the clock problem is fixed.

Any ideas what I can do? Can I delete the MS Dash completely - I've tried deleting the C: files already and its not working.

Any ideas would be aprpeciated.

Thanks

PS reason for hot swapped method is that the DVD drive is busted and will not read anything.
Grab a copy of CASH 1.1 and use that to upgrade to the latest NDure softmod. You can attach a PC DVD drive in place of the usual one (it'll read burned discs, but not retail game discs).

It's best not to mess with the files on C: when using a softmod unless you specifically know what they're there for.
Thanks for your advice Bomb. I think I've figured that it is the capacitor that has gone so its not saving the Time+Date.

I managed to use triggers+start+select to boot into UnleashX so can access everything and boot into xbmc.

So I think it used to go into UnleashX before the clock decided to be stupid so I was wondering if it was possible to remove the ms dash and clock step completely

Any ideas?
Whether the system will ask you to set the time depends on your softmod.

A softmod is a modified copy of the MS dash.

Completely wiping the MS dash = no softmod = console won't boot.

As mentioned, CASH 1.1 can be used for softmod alteration.

If you don't like that idea, look into TSOP flashing your system.