Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xbox or Xbox 360 Controller support in XBMC Live
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I plan to build a Zotac Ion + Atom HTPC without a harddisk and use a usb drive to boot into XBMC Live. I would like to use this to replace my Xbox but I would like to retain the my cordless Logitech Xbox controller because it just worked so well.

Is there anyway I can use the original Xbox or an Xbox 360 controller with Xbox Live. I don't want to connect a keyboard and mouse to the HTPC.

Thanks!
I know your question is about XBMC live, but you can use the wired or wireless Xbox360 controller with XBMC for Windows if you have the Microsoft Wireless USB Dongle. Google for "Xbox 360 eventclient xbmc" and then just run the eventclient before you run XBMC. The shoulder buttons map to black/white and the response is a little less snappy but otherwise it is just like using an xbox controller on xbmc xbox.

I don't know about the wired controller or using either the wired or wired 360 controller or the xbox 1 controller on XBMC live, so.. fwiw!

=darwin
looks like it's possible. look at post #32 specifically. http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?p=365345
Can "Xbox 360 eventclient xbmc" be loaded before XBMC on a USB drive? I plan to not install harddrive.
jacky89 : I believe you can boot windows off a USB drive, so I think the answer to your question is "yes."

=darwin
Actually I don't want to install Windows because Windows can not utilize the ION graphics chip. I just want to use XBMC Live with the Xbox/360 controller support.