Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [AppleTV] Broadcom Crystal HD Hardware Decoder Mini-PCIe Card support for Apple TV?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
reaven Wrote:where you can check the latest builds notes ?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=69384
Raider Wrote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=69384

? Oo thats CrystalHD dev. status.

I mean the latest svn build notes right now r27597
The doctor Wrote:http://trac.xbmc.org/timeline

thanks, but I though something like this exist
Quote:Click here to download XBMC for OS X 10.6/10.5/10.4/AppleTV (x86) r27586
Monday, February 08, 2010 6:57 PM
2010-02-08 27587 changed: don''t autosync video by defaultOur pattern detector should get use smooth timestamps when it''s possible.
2010-02-08 27586 fixed: CPCMRemap could crash when trying to lookup an invalid channel or layout name
2010-02-08 27584 fixed: Put the bracket in the correct location
2010-02-08 27580 fixed: ticket #7902 for really real now
2010-02-08 27579 changed: use CCriticalSection / CSingleLock instead of win32 api
2010-02-08 27577 [osx] sync xcode project
2010-02-08 27576 added: CPCMLimiter class
2010-02-08 27575 fixed: ticket #8733 - busydialog not defined in ButtonTranslator.cpp
2010-02-08 27573 Fixed incorrect weights of 1-1 mapped channels when downmixing is applied and normalization of weights is enabledChanged SL & SR channels to be forced to BL & BR when the source does not have BL & BR channels and the speaker layout does not have SL & SR
2010-02-08 27572 updated: Chinese (Simple) translation based on English r27556
2010-02-08 27571 More robust handling of invalid channel maps in AAC files
2010-02-08 27570 changed: Sort subtitle(ssa, srt, smi) by iPTSStartTime
2010-02-08 27569 fixed: Ticket #8722 - Regression: Video Export to SMB paths is broken
2010-02-08 27563 Fixed invalid bitrate and compiler warnings
2010-02-08 27562 Fixed invalid bitwise operators (its &, not &&ampWink
2010-02-08 27561 Fix: Stopped remap trying to remap passthrough data
2010-02-08 27560 Fixed 4.1 channel map, was completly wrong
2010-02-08 27559 Fixed SL and SR mapping into FL and FRFixed copy flagging when normalization is turned on
2010-02-08 27558 [crystalhd] remove limits on buffering decoded output
2010-02-08 27557 [crystalhd] fixed, some 1080p/720p framerate flags are ambiguious, figure out the framerate for these types.
with all the changes/commit per release in the nightlies builds.
reaven Wrote:thanks, but I though something like this exist

with all the changes/commit per release in the nightlies builds.

http://trac.xbmc.org/log/trunk

That's the SVN commit log.
dan1son Wrote:http://trac.xbmc.org/log/trunk

That's the SVN commit log.

thanks, that what's I was looking for.Cool
Stupid question, when the Crystal HD first appeared it was selling for - the cheapest quotes - 30 USD, now there seems to be more like 65 and next to nobody is selling it (compared to some months ago)

Is there already a successor out or just not a lot of card around?
haifischjunge Wrote:Stupid question, when the Crystal HD first appeared it was selling for - the cheapest quotes - 30 USD, now there seems to be more like 65 and next to nobody is selling it (compared to some months ago)

Is there already a successor out or just not a lot of card around?

ebay BCM70012 cards were old layout and ebay sellers appear to have exhausted their source for the older card. It was never clear to me where they obtained them as they were never sold unbundled.

New layout BCM70012 cards are available from http://www.logicsupply.com (USA only). I don't have a source for outside the USA.

The BCM70015 should appear unbundled in Q2-Q3 of 2010. I think they are already being sold bundled with various netbooks.
Thanks for the clearification, logicsuppy is nice, but their shipping rates are near to a joke (10 USD for shipping of a mini pci-e card to NYC and USD 55 for shipping to Europe)
haifischjunge Wrote:Thanks for the clearification, logicsuppy is nice, but their shipping rates are near to a joke (10 USD for shipping of a mini pci-e card to NYC and USD 55 for shipping to Europe)

$36.50US to Canada by USPS (US Postal Service...which is ludicris)....another etailer whose automation is specific to the US market only....sad....very sad indeed. HK resellers have free shipping worldwide....I guess if you need it next day in the US its worthwhile, otherwise you can buy 2 from HK for the price of one here.
g00f Wrote:$36.50US to Canada by USPS (US Postal Service...which is ludicris)....another etailer whose automation is specific to the US market only....sad....very sad indeed. HK resellers have free shipping worldwide....I guess if you need it next day in the US its worthwhile, otherwise you can buy 2 from HK for the price of one here.

Provided you can find a HK seller. The original question was where to find a card as they seem to have vanished from ebay.

Also the ones from logicsupply are sold with the backing of Broadcom and do come with a better warrantee than those from ebay. And, I've never heard of a new layout card having problems while I have heard of several ebay cards (old layout) being DOA.
holy crap ....where did the BCM70012 supply go....maybe i should have ordered more than 65. Thats all my credit card would hold at the time. Sad
davilla Wrote:Provided you can find a HK seller. The original question was where to find a card as they seem to have vanished from ebay.

Also the ones from logicsupply are sold with the backing of Broadcom and do come with a better warrantee than those from ebay. And, I've never heard of a new layout card having problems while I have heard of several ebay cards (old layout) being DOA.

I am planning to buy a crystal hd card for my Apple TV. Would you please be able to tell me - how does one make sure the card is "NEW LAYOUT", not old layout as you pointed out ? What are their differences ??
babil Wrote:I am planning to buy a crystal hd card for my Apple TV. Would you please be able to tell me - how does one make sure the card is "NEW LAYOUT", not old layout as you pointed out ? What are their differences ??

To get a new layout card, you buy it from logicsupply. Got to their page to see what it looks like.

There are no function differences. It's just a new layout with parts update for obsolete parts.
davilla Wrote:ebay BCM70012 cards were old layout and ebay sellers appear to have exhausted their source for the older card. It was never clear to me where they obtained them as they were never sold unbundled.

New layout BCM70012 cards are available from http://www.logicsupply.com (USA only). I don't have a source for outside the USA.

The BCM70015 should appear unbundled in Q2-Q3 of 2010. I think they are already being sold bundled with various netbooks.

davilla Wrote:Provided you can find a HK seller. The original question was where to find a card as they seem to have vanished from ebay.

Damn! I gotta get them too..