Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HD with original xbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well until recently I thought the original xbox couldn't support HD playback in XBMC and upscale DVD's. I mostly had problems in the past when trying to watch anime that was encoded in xvid or divx h.264 streaming from my pc. From what I understand if you have an NTSC xbox you can buy component cables to output to 480i, 720p, and 1080i. I have a 42" Vizio I would like to try this on and was wondering how to enable it. Lately I have been considering getting an appletv and modding to get this functionality because it seems M$ is dragging it's feet with good codec support for the 360.
You will be presented with options to enable those resolutions once you've attached the HD AV cables. Realize these in no way allow you to decode HD material on the xbox.
So basically the only reason I would want to get HD component cables is to be able to upscale dvd's to a higher resolution. Beyond that the xbox cannot handle even compressed HD content?
Here is a thread dedicated to getting 720p content on the xbox.
agentbad Wrote:So basically the only reason I would want to get HD component cables is to be able to upscale dvd's to a higher resolution. Beyond that the xbox cannot handle even compressed HD content?

Well, I mean, HD cables are also the only way to send 480p video, plus, if you are really searching for reasons, the xbox does have some 720p games.
I see so waiting for the 360 to be able to run XBMC or getting something like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6813500027 is really the only choice right now for HD.
Basically a decent computer or a ion is your only choice for HD content atm.. waiting for the 360 is pointless (atleast I think so, surely gonna be a while if they ever crack it that much)