Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC for language learning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hola,

does anyone use XBMC for learning a language? I study Japanese at least 1 hour every day and would like to use XBMC for the immersion part.

I am doing AJATT: http://www.alljapaneseallthetime.com/blo...understand

Is it possible to auto-play an audio folder full of mp3s/podcasts or a video folder full of Japanese movies/animes at a certain time? Like, when I get home from work and enter my room I should hear Japanese out of my loudspeakers right away...

Does anyone else use XBMC for language immersion? How do you guys do it?
I moved it to the feature suggestions. Not exactly for language learning but for some kind of alarm clock function with a configurable playlist
that's an interesting concept.
are you talking about a timed event or some kind of detection of your arrival?
Second would be something for StarTrek i guess Big Grin
@ Haggy: just trying tounderstand where this really belongs: home automation or timed events. especially since he said
Quote:when I get home from work and enter my room I should hear Japanese out of my loudspeakers right away...
sounds like
1- he always comes home at the same time give or take a few minutes
2- he expects xbmc to know he's home (motion detection).

for #2 maybe MisterHouse talking to eventServer could prompt for playlist to start (just an idea)
Yep - hence the alarm clock suggestion. Though a little bit of StarTrek would be nice!
Haggy Wrote:Yep - hence the alarm clock suggestion. Though a little bit of StarTrek would be nice!

hell yeah!
and i'm sure it's in the works in a plugin somewhere.