Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC suddenly ask for password and username on SBM share
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SVN Build on Jul 24 2009 (SVN:21846)

I haven't touched my sources.xml where I have set my username and password. Nor have I done anything with my NAS storage box.

I suspect this is due to my upgrade today, but still I hope someone could give me a tip why this is happening. (Have happened before, and I just re-installed everyting)

Log: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/230941/

Errors:
Code:
19:07:46 T:3045087120 M:3065556992   ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://username:[email protected]/multimedia/video.avi'
                                            unix_err:'0' error : 'Success'
19:07:46 T:3045087120 M:3065556992   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting smb://username:%[email protected]/multimedia/video.avi/
19:07:46 T:3045087120 M:3065556992   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(smb://username:%[email protected]/multimedia/video.avi/) failed
It works when I changed skin

Every skin works, except PM3.HD

Maybe worth noting?

..but still, anyone know how or why this occurs?
I've had similar problems, usually got rid of them by doing xbmc reinstall.
I would be surprised if it was the skin who made this error, maybe just a case of coincidence ?
Don't really know, it's just really boring to do a re-install when it's so simple to change skin to get it to work. Must be a solution, and a reason for this.

BTW: What is the "LockSettings.xml" file my log refers to?
If you enable profiles you get an option
to "lock" certain sources with a numeric combo or keyboard combo.

Sure you didn't accidentially got a "lock" on some of your sources ? cause
then it would ask you for a password - but not a username though Wink
I had the same problem with shares on an external HDD windows xp computer. I re-shared my stuff without sharing the complete HDD (just the directories i needed) and also turned of write/changing permissions.
It worked somehow.
The-Boxhead Wrote:If you enable profiles you get an option
to "lock" certain sources with a numeric combo or keyboard combo.

Sure you didn't accidentially got a "lock" on some of your sources ? cause
then it would ask you for a password - but not a username though Wink

No, I just have one profile, default one.
falos Wrote:I had the same problem with shares on an external HDD windows xp computer. I re-shared my stuff without sharing the complete HDD (just the directories i needed) and also turned of write/changing permissions.
It worked somehow.

Well, still... you shouldn't have to adjust your Media infrastructure from time to time. Your NAS/FileServer/FileShares should be static, and there should be enough with a one-time setup.

If you suddenly get errors after updating something on the client, it's quite logical that's it's not your Media Shares that have the error.

Ofc, using "unstable" SVN releases doesn't guarantee anything Smile

BTW: My problems was (and IS) every time I change to Aeon (Hitched) -> Video Mode -> File List, it asks for password and username.

I have to go back to PM3.HD and then reboot. And everyting goes well.
Other skin works aswell. It's just the Aeon that bugs my access to media shares........