Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Mac PPC] Crashes involving last.fm; also lost sources
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This was working yesterday for me but now I'm getting consistent crashes involving parts of last.fm.

Every time I try to play from "top artists" for my user, it crashes.

Here is the pastebin crash log.

This is reproducible.

After one crash, I lost all video/music/picture sources, which were restored to defaults.

My suspicion is that it involves the Rowmote helper daemon, which also supports last.fm (but the Mac last.fm application itself), and which I just installed to use with iPhone as remote. I do not have that last.fm app installed on that machine, and have therefore never run it. So this is a wild guess.

Note: the log says the path to XBMC is in a weird path, which it was, but I moved it to /Applications/ with the same result, just didn't get a new log. So the application path is not the issue.

Note 2 (edit): also I added XBMC to Application Enhancer's master exclude list (APE is sometimes known to cause crashes with apps). That did not resolve the crashing.

I removed the only 3rd party plugins I have (iPhoto & iTunes, which I wasn't using anyway) -- with the same result.

edit: Mac OS X 10.4.11 running XBMC 9.04.1 (repack) on PowerPC PowerBook G4 800 mhz.
got same crash on a different machine -- this one intel not PPC Mac -- with a different set of XBMC app support files, same last.fm user name.

seems repeatable:

1) add last.fm user name "top artists" as a source
2) then within one of those artists navigate and select "top albums"

--> crash