Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Remote for Android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bram77: Do you mind me stealing it and put it in the wiki?
Of course not! Smile
@the_alien: So what do you think?
the_alien Wrote:b00sted4fun: Have a look at the setup instructions: http://code.google.com/p/android-xbmcrem...structions

DonnyP: What's your problem compiling it?

I got that all setup pretty much (I think) the team blackbolt xbmc windows remote works fine for me... so i really really dunno ( http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=61528 ) thanks again for the help as I am trying to get this to be used as my main remote...
You have to enable the Eventserver and allow other computers to connect. If it wont work check the Eventserver port in the remote.
StarChild Wrote:@the_alien: So what do you think?

Yeah would be a good feature to have a wizard...
Even though it would be some work to implement it.
Yeah.. in the end someone must want and have the time to do the effort to. So, about the Eventserver, is it something that is possible in reality?
If you just open the remote screen in the wizard and tell the user "Press some buttons and see if something happens" then after some clicks you ask "did something happen?" and tell him what to do if nothing happend.

To be honest I don't really want to implement that wizard Wink

I guess we will discard the EventServer if the JSON RPC API made it into normal XBMC. Then we will have a response. Not quite sure though.
Ok. What about XBMC send upd to the remote instead? Is that possible?

Or, get a confirmation thro tcp? Not necessary that the udp package has arrived but that a predefined action will kick in, which the remote will have to sense.
You sure can tell the EventServer to respond with a packet. But that would need some code in XBMC itself afaik. Maybe mikkle could have a look into this code.
If that possible it would be great...
But I meant like this

- Wizard complete tcp packages step.
- Wizard send a command to XBMC thro tcp and tell XBMC to send a udp package to the remote...
- If this packages arrives to the remote, the Eventserver wizard step is ok.

OR:
- The wizard send a command to XBMC thro udp.
- The wizard will then listen to if XBMC response to this command (tcp).
Something that is possible for the remote to sense. Like start playing a music file (I'm sure there is more discreet ways/commands)
- If XBMC has obey the command, the Eventserver is ok.
StarChild Wrote:If that possible it would be great...
But I meant like this

- Wizard complete tcp packages step.
- Wizard send a command to XBMC thro tcp and tell XBMC to send a udp package to the remote...
- If this packages arrives to the remote, the Eventserver wizard step is ok.
Not possible

Quote:OR:
- The wizard send a command to XBMC thro udp.
- The wizard will then listen to if XBMC response to this command (tcp).
Something that is possible for the remote to sense. Like start playing a music file (I'm sure there is more discreet ways/commands)
- If XBMC has obey the command, the Eventserver is ok.
Nice idea. If we could only send "play music" through the event server. But you can only emulate a normal remote through it.
Bummer Smile Is it possible to get current position from tcp then? If so, that could be used..
Or.. is it possible to read XBMC "Detect new connection"?
I found this...
http://xbox/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=getGUIStatus()
that returns ActiveWindow:(Window)
and through the Eventserver we can switch between Music/Video/Photo right?
so:

- Read ActiveWindow:xxxxx through WebServer and store results.
- Send Music through Eventserver
- Read ActiveWindow:xxxxx through WebServer (Is it in Music now or not?)
- Send Video through Eventserver
- Read ActiveWindow:xxxxx through WebServer (Is it in Video now or not?)
- Restore the window that was stored at the first place.
Tada.. the wizard can now decide if the Eventserver is working. :)

EDIT: Or even better.. change the volume (mute) through Eventserver and poll it from Webserver with 'GetVolume'
hi. i just tried the app on my nexus one.
there is one problem, that the screen is only 800x480, so a little bit of the screen canĀ“t be seen.
but the bigger problem is, that i cannot connect to my xbmc.
any ideas?
if i try to connect from my mac, it works just great.