Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: AppleTV error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Running 9.04.beta1 (SVN-21866) from sshcs.com.

For the past couple of builds, given a fresh userdata directory, had no problems. As soon as I populate my video library it crashes on startup with the error 5/10, eventually freezing on startup.

Seems like the CrashReporter.log has the most useful info

http://pastebin.com/m26063452

http://pastebin.com/m2c6c7bc2

Just curious, do devs even want reports on SVN nightlies?
Sorry if this does not really relate to your question..How do you Install the new SVN Builds on to the ATV?
Which skin is "Mediastream-userdata" - it sounds like something is off there.

Cheers,
Jonathan
It's just the mediastream skin.

On the appletv I had builds bundled with a mediastream skin that didn't work because of the skin version number. So, i downloaded the mediastream skin and put it in my userdata\skin directory, and called the directory mediastream-userdata, so from the UI i can tell which skin i'm actually picking.

I think it's not skin related, as i can get it to misbehave with the pm3.hd skin as well. At first it seemed like it only happened after populating my video library, but i also always changed the setting to allow digital audio output, ac3 and dts enabled. I use atvs hdmi output for the audio. I'd often have crackly audio when playing surround sound files. I could make the cracking stop by switching to analog and back to digital. I know the wiki says that crackly audio = you don't have a digital reciever, but i can assure you i do, and it works after cycling through once. Subsequent files would play fine, but then rebooting would cause odd issues.

Since i started leaving the audio output set to analog I have had no problems. I'll keep you posted if that turns out to not be the case. And if I can provide any assistance in getting the appletv's digital audio switching to work better (logfiles/testing) please let me know.