Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Current path
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi guys,

it there a way i can get the current path your browsing (in Library mode), i have tried "listitem.path" (only seems to work on files not on folders & "Container.FolderPath" but this points to the database, not the actual folder on volumes, if this is not possible i would setting for access to the "strPath" string in the database but i have no idea on how the get this info into a label in the skin.

thanks.
Don't you have to use two commas?

ie ListItem.Path,,<foldername>
ListItem.path should be enough, e.g. "$INFO[listitem.path]poster.jpg".

€2: use <label>$INFO[ListItem.path]</label> ... works here.
`Black Wrote:ListItem.path should be enough, e.g. "$INFO[listitem.path]poster.jpg".

€2: use <label>$INFO[ListItem.path]</label> ... works here.

does not work while browsing music try going

MUSIC --> ARTISTS --> ALBUMS (But DO NOT GO INTO SONGS)

i need the album folder path to display ie
/VOLUMES/MUSIC/COLDPLAY/PARACHUTES/ (PARACHUTES is the highlighted album)

does not for me it blank, but as soon as go into songs the full path displays
Album folder path as well as season folder path is unfortunately not working... needs to be fixed but I don't know if there are plans to fix it.
ok i have submitted a trac ticket for it.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6971
Why do you want this anyway? What purpose does it serve?
jmarshall Wrote:Why do you want this anyway? What purpose does it serve?

Do you really need to ask ? they more than likely want it so they can use a hacky way to load other external images into the view like aeon does with the video library views and multiplex
Quite likely, but I was thinking there might be something more useful that this would help.
I'd also like to point out the reason it doesn't work in the library for the albums is they are not real folders. They are nodes in a database Just because you have a node for an album does not mean that there is a real folder with that name in the source location.

Its all based on ID3 (and other) tags not real life folder names. And even if you are so anal about orginizing your music into all the right folders dependng on which node you enter into the library the depth is different again.

Not to mention that 1 album in the library could quite possible be made up of any number of real folders if they all have tags for the same album
yes it is true that's what i'm after, because at the moment there is no way of getting album fanart, i have "hacked" way for this once your inside the album (container songs), i would like to get the fanart working like it does for artist (shows fanart whilst your browsing)

also for albums is in the database, i checked with SQLite, it is file section, under "strPath" could we not just pull this then ? if it in the database could you map it to the listitem ?
yep, i'd also like to see fanart when browsing the library by album.
hope it gets implemented someday.

there's a feature request on track for this:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6782
Besides the album fanart it would also nice to have different fanarts for seasons. There's only the main fanart at the moment and it's only possible to have a different fanart in the episode view (with listitem.path).
`Black Wrote:Besides the album fanart it would also nice to have different fanarts for seasons. There's only the main fanart at the moment and it's only possible to have a different fanart in the episode view (with listitem.path).

And for the exact same reasons I posted onthe first page the season folders arn't real folders you don't need them for them to show in the library
Nevertheless it should be possible to get a e.g. "s01-fanart.jpg", "s02-fanart.jpg", ... and show it in the season and episode section or not? Same for the album section... I think there don't need to be listitem.path for seasons & albums as you said they are not real folders but fanart would be nice. Smile
Pages: 1 2