Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MAC] Unlisting local & attached drives from sources
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All the media content I want in XBMC is on networked volumes/computers. But my local volume shows up in all sections as a source, as well as a backup partition of my attached USB drive. I want to remove both from the sources.

The context menu does not give the option to remove these from library.

I assume I could add the source "/" or "/Volumes/Backup/" later if I wanted to but for now they're in the way. Thanks.
Nada on this one guys?
I pretty sure you'd have to change the source code and recompile the application.
Not currently doable without changing the sources. If you wish to experiment, you need to either call AllowNonLocalSources() on m_rootDir (the CVirtualDirectory instance) or set m_allowNonLocalSources to false in the constructor for CVirtualDirectory.
Yikes -- beyond what I am comfortable getting into. Does seem like it is unnecessary not to allow deleting any source you want as long as it is easy enough to put back. Attached local volumes should be available with a source with a path of "/Volumes/" and the local HD should be just "/". So simple enough to add back.