Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MAC] HOW-TO setup Logitech Harmony Remote for use with XBMC for Mac OS X
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Cool - thanks for that. Will try.
Vollhorst Wrote:Now when I'm pressing the [PLAY] button on the Harmony, it starts frontrow not xbmc.

Try using EyeTV 3.2.1 instead.
Downgrade to 3.2.1 and then restart to make sure the EyeTV 3.2.1 helper is running (and not the old 3.4 helper)

If you have to use 3.3/3.4 then you might be out of luck with this setup - complain to Elgato to get them to fix their broken software. I heard mention of a future version of EyeTV allowing you to choose an application to switch to (Frontrow or Plex or XBMC etc)
Sorry guys. Still trying to get things working here. I've got a Harmony 520. Followed the instructions on the first page (skipping parts B and C, as I've got XBMC 9.11 Camelot installed)

If I go to System Prefs -> Security, I do not have an Unpair button, so that leads me to believe that there are no paired remotes with the Mac, but if I run XBMC, the Harmony does Mac volume, and starts/stops iTunes music.

So I did the Plex for the Harmony device, set all the buttons according to the first post. In XBMC, I have Apple Remote set to Multi Remote (Harmony), but nothing I do on the Harmony controls XBMC.

Any ideas?

Never mind. All of a sudden it started magically working. Thanks!
Ive got this working and its awesome, thanks guys. The only issue I am having is sometimes when I press 'down' it just keeps going down (equivalent of about 20 presses, and occasionally indefinitely until another button is pressed). The same thing happens if I press to the left occasionally. Up and right have no issues, nor do any of the other buttons.

Anyone else having that problem?
So what exactly is preventing the AppleTV from being able to use the full 63 button command set when using the ATV OS as opposed to Linux?
I just set up a new Mac Mini (HDMI) with XBMC. It seemed to work reasonably well with my Harmony Remote set to the default "Media Center PC" settings, but a few buttons were missing. I just went through the Harmony setup guide on the first page of this thread, and now, every button only sends the "play" or "stop" command.

I Apologize f this has already been addressed, but I could not find a solution by searching.
I just realized that I still had Remote Buddy running. Once I closed that, everything worked perfectly.
jp.briggs Wrote:Sorry guys. Still trying to get things working here. I've got a Harmony 520. Followed the instructions on the first page (skipping parts B and C, as I've got XBMC 9.11 Camelot installed)

If I go to System Prefs -> Security, I do not have an Unpair button, so that leads me to believe that there are no paired remotes with the Mac, but if I run XBMC, the Harmony does Mac volume, and starts/stops iTunes music.

So I did the Plex for the Harmony device, set all the buttons according to the first post. In XBMC, I have Apple Remote set to Multi Remote (Harmony), but nothing I do on the Harmony controls XBMC.

Any ideas?

Never mind. All of a sudden it started magically working. Thanks!

Hey everyone in the community, I'm having this same problem but only when I have the "Always On" feature selected (allows me to open XBMC by hitting my "Menu") button. Does this happen to anyone else? Is there a fix for this?

Thanks in advance!
Plums.
Hey guys, let's see if someone can help me out here. I've just set up my first Harmony remote, a 650 (which can control up to 5 devices). I've setup my activities and devices an everything runs perfectly fine (TV, AV Receiver, Cable box, DVD player and Apple TV).

I noticed that Dharma beta 1 has a Harmony profile for the remote, but I can't seem to figure out how to use it. I've set up the Watch Movie activity to use the Apple TV, so I can use XBMC. But obviously, I only have the Apple TV remote buttons available. How can I configure XBMC? I can't add another device as I already have 5 set up, so I would have to eliminate the Apple TV and replace it with a Plex profile, is that how's suppose to be done? I'm kinda lost here...
Guille779 Wrote:Hey guys, let's see if someone can help me out here. I've just set up my first Harmony remote, a 650 (which can control up to 5 devices). I've setup my activities and devices an everything runs perfectly fine (TV, AV Receiver, Cable box, DVD player and Apple TV).

I noticed that Dharma beta 1 has a Harmony profile for the remote, but I can't seem to figure out how to use it. I've set up the Watch Movie activity to use the Apple TV, so I can use XBMC. But obviously, I only have the Apple TV remote buttons available. How can I configure XBMC? I can't add another device as I already have 5 set up, so I would have to eliminate the Apple TV and replace it with a Plex profile, is that how's suppose to be done? I'm kinda lost here...

From the Home screen, Settings > System > Input devices > Apple Remote > Multi-Remote (Harmony).

Also, have you read
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=470...stcount=82
and
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=470...stcount=84
jpf55 Wrote:From the Home screen, Settings > System > Input devices > Apple Remote > Multi-Remote (Harmony).

Also, have you read
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=470...stcount=82
and
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=470...stcount=84

Thanks! Yes, I read those. I've just updated the remote. What I did was remove the Apple TV and replace it with Plex Player. XBMC now gets a signal from the Info and color buttons (albeit, does wacky things), so now I need a way to map the "Info" button to mimic the "keep center button pressed" from the Apple remote, so as to get the item's info.

The Apple TV works perfectly fine with this setup. The problem I was having earlier was that using the Apple TV as a device turned off the rest of Harmony buttons. Using Plex Player all the buttons make XBMC react, now I only need to know how to map the Harmony buttons to the correct action in XBMC.
Guille779 Wrote:The Apple TV works perfectly fine with this setup. The problem I was having earlier was that using the Apple TV as a device turned off the rest of Harmony buttons. Using Plex Player all the buttons make XBMC react, now I only need to know how to map the Harmony buttons to the correct action in XBMC.

At some point early on, I tried in vain to use Plex and gave up on it so my setup uses AppleTV as a device. My picture in the second post, #84 only tells half the story because I only showed the commands in Play mode. In browse mode, if you press and hold the Menu button, you get the xbmc contextual menu. If you press and hold the Play button on a given title, you get the info for that title.
So I've been avoiding doing this forever because I'm a Linux noob, and building git checkouts with patches seemed over my head.

I finally dove in and I'm happy to say that this kicks ass. Paired with the latest keymap, it's an absolute massive improvement over the default operation.

Thanks guys!
Is it possible to have an ATV (linux pim87 build) listen for both plex and appletv remote signals?

I set the plex remote up which works really well with my Harmony One (thanks to the various posters for all the instructions). Problem I have is that my ATV is hooked up to a slingbox pro so I can access my media when on the road. Try as I might I cannot get the slingbox to work with Plex remote controls. It does have a built in ATV remote control though.

Since I updated to the plex controls though XBMC will not respond to the old apple tv remote.

If this is not possible I guess my follow on question is how to downgrade from the plex remote back to the apple. Sure would miss going from 63 buttons back to 6.

Tolax
Hi ctawn, i'm a moderator of xbmcspain.com and i liked to use your tutorial (translated of course) in my section of Mac in xbmcspain.

I tried contact with you by PM but you haven't this option in your profile.

Regards.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13