Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intermettent crashes when starting movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.
I'm having problems watching movies. About every second time I start a movie xbmc crashes. This is on xbmc svn 21881 (installed from ppa), but I've experienced it since I upgraded from 9.04 to svn (not sure which svn version that was).

Backtrace
Logfile

From the looks of the traceback it seems like it would have something with dvd playing to do, so it's worth noting that this is when playing movies over network, not from dvd.

This is on a Intel graphics (GMA45) machine, running 32-bit Ubuntu Jaunty on a Core2Duo (P8400) processor. Rendering is set to software.

I hope this helps in finding the problem. It's really annoying...

/Daniel

ps. I'm now on svn 21930, problem is still here. ds.
This is the same issue that got fixed. Your build date/time shows that you are using an older build (before it got fixed).

Please provide a log and backtrace from the latest build you are using. My guess is that you didn't update properly.
You are correct in that the build date was old. I used the log/bt that I generated from 21881, since I still experienced the same error I thought it wouldn't matter, since I've seen the error in much later versions. Earlier today I saw the error with 21930.

The strange thing though is that now I have removed xbmc and reinstalled it (from ppa) and now I can't seem to reproduce the crashes. So I guess you are right. Somehow xbmc wasn't correctly updated. Thought that couldn't happen when using deb packages...

/Daniel
Can't help.. I don't use the packages so not sure what may have happened.