Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC and Volume Control..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Running XBMC SVN 21940 on a fresh Ubuntu 9.04 Desktop install (I'm learning as I go along and I'm new to Linux and XBMC in general so my apologies if this is a stupid question)

E6550, 4gb RAM, Asus P5N7A-VM MB w/integrated audio and nVidia Geforce 9300. Problem is with my audio, I originally had the issue where after each reboot the master volume would be muted. I've now solved that. I thought the best thing to do is max the master mixer volume and turn the speakers up to a point where I'm comfortable at it's loudest (without annoying neighbours too much) and then let XBMC handle the volume.

What I don't understand is when I mute the volume inside XBMC, it says muted.. but I can still hear it (albeit at a very low volume) - audio is set for analog output for now (until I get a decent receiver / speaker setup) is there a way to get all the volume levels straightened out? It just doesn't make much sense to me!

-edit - I should have posted this in the Linux subforum.. my apologies.. one of those days.
-edit - http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?p=334435 seems to hold the answer, a known problem with PulseAudio. Currently building up from Ubuntu Mini instead - which worked perfectly.