Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help with Harmony Remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I read the sticky and followed the instructions multiple times, but still the buttons are not working properly. When I hit exit on my remote it acts as the up button and other buttons are not working properly that I edited through the Logitech software. I have Plex installed and all the buttons are working fine, any ideas on how to get this working properly, I went through the original thread and couldnt find any help thanks. I think it might have something to do with the Keymap.xml but I am not sure. I downloaded keymap.xml from the sticky and used the newest version of xbmc so I did not overwrite xbmchelper.
If you have plex installed you need to make sure its given full control of the remote back to the mac. If not it simply will not work properly.

The only way I acheived this was to turn remotes off in plex, quit plex with the keyboard then restart the mac.
IN xbmc using the keyboard navigate to settings and turn remote off then on again. Quit it and restart and hopefully it will be working.
Tbtf Wrote:and used the newest version of xbmc so I did not overwrite xbmchelper.

what newest version of xbmc? there are many newest versions. as explained in the sticky, if you are using the newest release version (which as of today is still 9.04.1), then you DO have to overwrite xbmchelper and follow all directions in the sticky in that section.
Indeed what I do is simply take the helper out of the current XBMC and put it into a new download of XBMC I get otherwise that too gets very messy.
I got it working guys i thought my version did not need the XBMC helper but it did thanks for the help. Smile