Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Show fanart treated differently than Movies/Music
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When browsing Movies or Music with fanart, if an item doesn't have fanart, the largeimage control will fade out the previous items fanart. Either to the fallback or nothing if no fallback is specified. I assume this is desired behaviour.

In TV Shows rather than fading out the fanart if an item doesn't have any, the fanart already showing is kept around, whether fallback is specified or not.

Parent folder items seem to work fine (they fade out).

Pretty sure it's not a specific skin's issue, but with the implementation of ListItem.Property(Fanart_Image).

It can be seen in PM3:HD.

Anyone care to check it out and confirm before I make a ticket?
Given that the largeimage control has changed rather a lot in the last few months (i.e. it no longer exists per-se) we'll need information on what version you are running.

If you aren't running something recent, then it may well be "fixed".

Cheers,
Jonathan
Oh, hadn't realised. I assume multiimage is the new image control of choice for fanart?

I just tried with multiimage and they all worked the same (correctly: fanart hangs around).

I knew multiimage got some fancy new features recently, I didn't realise largeimage had fallen out of favour.

Win32 r20925
Xbox r21829
Same behaviour on both.
20925 is quite old. Try one another 1000 revisions newer on win32.

What I meant is simply that there is actually no difference now between the large and normal image controller - it's controlled via the background=true attribute. Also, shortly after 20925 there were changes with how the fallback system functioned.

Cheers,
Jonathan