Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: speaker channel mapping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi,
i am using xbmc for windows 9.04.1 repack 2,
my mainboard: asus p5n7a-vm
my htpc is connected via hdmi to my av receiver.

yesterday i tried some testfiles to test my audio output, because dvds sounds strange. i noticed that the speaker channels are mixed up, my center sounds like rear-left should do.

is there any way to change this?

my sounddriver is direct from nvidia side, because asus doesnt have a driver for sound over hdmi
Can you change where you plug in your speakers?
I have also posted about this issue. It only happens with 6 channel aac audio for me and plays fine through any other player other than XBMC. Here is my original post with a log as well.
http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=53514

I never did find an answer to this. Luckily I hardly have any video with 6 channel aac.
replugging the speaker cables at the receiver is no option, because i have a cable-receiver what is playing right, and also my ps3 is playing with channels in the right order...

today i will test with vlc if it is only xbmc who messed up the channels or if it is a driver related thing
@ flook: for me its every 6 channel sound (dvds, ac3-testfile, dts-testfile)
btw. this are the same channels what are mixed up with linux...
I'm not sure how much it'll help, but you might post a debug log so we can see what your xbmc is doing.
hi all,

after installing windows a couple of times in different versions, i choosed Windows Vista 32bit Business Version to be my platform for XBMC.

i noticed that drivers in windows vista are working out of the box, even my speaker channel mapping problem has solved, because the nvidia driver in Vista handles the channel mapping in the right order.

what i noticed in vista, there is a little handy tool to test my receiver for DD or DTS or AC3 playback with different khz Smile very nice i think

i wrote this only to inform that my problem is solved after installing windows vista...
It's always nice to see another convert away from XP.
I've created a trac ticket for this cause I'm having the same issue. Feel free to add any information to it that you think might help the developers (ie: debug logs, etc.). Here's a link to the ticket:

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7196

Thanks,
Harry
+1 for speaker channel mapping function