Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ASRock Nettop ION 330
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There will be a guide in swedish aswell on xbmc.nu ..

I didnt order it from Inet, ASRock kindly supplies me with a sample Smile
vikjon0 Wrote:My installation log cover most basic things for the asrock ION 330.
I just added how to add a separate partition for media as promised.

By the way selma.
You need to flash the BIOS and setup the shared memory for the graphical processor before you do anything else. See the beginning of my guide.
http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=54705
They've released a version 1.50 now. Should I download the one version for DOS? There's no Linux option. But I guess it's working with whatever since it's installed in BIOS anyway.
You can update the bios version through instant flash.
Just download the 'DOS' version and put it on a usb stick, then after powering on start instant flash and select the usb stick as device.
Hi Selma,
I have made a sucessful installation of XBMC Live with the instructions in this thread: http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=53888

The result after 20 minutes: Digital HDMI Sound, VDPAU, Flawless HD playback... perfect.

The big advantge: in that thread there is a link for an ALREADY FIXED ISO image including the right graphics driver for the ION with VDPAU. Really plug and play plus clickiong/overtyping only 2 or 3 things in the XBMC Settings GUI after installation to make VDPAU and HDMI work.

Regards
Uwe
Quote:Should I download the one version for DOS?
Yes, download 1.50 for DOS
Unzip and copy to e.g. usb stick then use the smart flash in BIOS.

After that change the shared memory in BIOS => 512.
Selti Wrote:Hi Selma,
I have made a sucessful installation of XBMC Live with the instructions in this thread: http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=53888

The result after 20 minutes: Digital HDMI Sound, VDPAU, Flawless HD playback... perfect.

The big advantge: in that thread there is a link for an ALREADY FIXED ISO image including the right graphics driver for the ION with VDPAU. Really plug and play plus clickiong/overtyping only 2 or 3 things in the XBMC Settings GUI after installation to make VDPAU and HDMI work.

Regards
Uwe
Alright, that sounds really easy. One question to the live version: how do I move files to the drive? There's no operating system?
selma Wrote:Alright, that sounds really easy. One question to the live version: how do I move files to the drive? There's no operating system?

You boot from the XMBC Live CD built from the (modified) ISO image. Then You select the 'install to hard drive'. The installation procedure will format the hard drive (after some confirmations, of course) and copy the XBMC files to it, containing also a special mini-ubutnu linux. That will be the underlying operating system for your XMBC Live system.

After that You remove the CD and boot from the hard drive.

Regards
Uwe
Selti Wrote:You boot from the XBMC Live CD built from the (modified) ISO image. Then You select the 'install to hard drive'. The installation procedure will format the hard drive (after some confirmations, of course) and copy the XBMC files to it, containing also a special mini-ubutnu linux. That will be the underlying operating system for your XBMC Live system.

After that You remove the CD and boot from the hard drive.

Regards
Uwe
Ah, perfect. Thanks for the explanation!
Just flashed the BIOS with the latest version and changed the shared memory to 512. Right now I'm burning the ISO file to a cdr. Exciting. Smile

So file transfers over the network won't be a problem with this live version then? Will there be like a graphic interface, or is it through ftp from another machine?
The installation went really smooth. Now I just need to test the system with an HD-movie. But I don't know how to work out the filetransfer between my computers. Huh
http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=XBMC_Live_specific_FAQ

How can I transfer files to/from XBMC Live?
FTP access has been superseded by SCP/SFTP. On Windows, use a client like WinSCP or FileZilla and use xbmc/xbmc as username/password

Or you can create a shared folder on the htpc or access a shared folder FROM the htpc.
Or connect an USB stick/drive.
Is Power on USB supported on the Asrock? Would be neat if it's possible to power it on from the remote.
vikjon0 Wrote:http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=XBMC_Live_specific_FAQ

How can I transfer files to/from XBMC Live?
FTP access has been superseded by SCP/SFTP. On Windows, use a client like WinSCP or FileZilla and use xbmc/xbmc as username/password

Or you can create a shared folder on the htpc or access a shared folder FROM the htpc.
Or connect an USB stick/drive.

Finally I've invested in a router. The ASRock is getting an IP but I can't connect to it through FTP. I connect to the ip but get Connection refused.

Is there something I need to config before I can connect to it using FTP?

I'm on a Mac.
Pages: 1 2