Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No sound during video playback only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was initially having issues with running audio over HDMI and after reading all of the posts on this topic I finally got audio working via HDMI imxbmc, or so I thought.... My sound works fine when listening to music or watching videos outside of xbmc. I start xbmc and the sound appears to work fine. I hear the startup sound and navigation clicks no problem. As soon as I play a movie there is no sound. When I stop the movie the navigation clicks are back. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas because I am running out of new ones. I am running ubuntu jaunty and the latest xbmc release. I have tried every combination I'd hdmi/default settings, please help!!
I suppose you have some weird alsa configuration. Please provide a full debug logfile onto pastebin.com as described in the stickies or my signature.
sorry it took so long to reply, thanks for all the help!

-Linux 2.6.28-14-generic #47-Ubuntu SMP Sat Jul 25
-Architecture i686
-XBMC 9.04.1 R20654 (Compiled May 25 2009)
Guess this might help...

http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/254842/
Starting XBMC, Platform: GNU/Linux. Built on Feb 28 2009 (SVN:16164)

I suggest an upgrade to start things off with.
I had this problem after making a new HTPC. I eventually got it working, but.. I did so much, I wouldn't know what exactly did it. Plus, I still have a weird problem: Ubuntu system sounds won't work, I either get nothing or my speakers pop.

Anyways, here's a few ideas:

1) Use the ALSA Upgrade script that's on the Ubuntu forums, I believe this helped me. I think the problem here is that while you have your HDMI audio working, it still isn't set as the default sound source, which seems to be a problem for just XBMC. I think running ALSA Upgrade script helped me fix this.

2) Even after all this, only SOME of my videos' audio worked. This was because I had options like Dolby reciever on in XBMC settings, while I didn't have that ability.