Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC ON Apple TV startmenu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed XBMC on my Apple TV ,and it works well ,now I want to change "XBMC" into "media center" in the startmenu of apple tv, how can I do it?
*moved to Mac/ ATV forum*

vigorous2008 Wrote:I installed XBMC on my Apple TV ,and it works well ,now I want to change "XBMC" into "media center" in the startmenu of apple tv, how can I do it?

Find this file on your ATV and change line 39

cheers
thanks! But I can't find the "Info.plist" metioned in you reply ,can you tell me the absolute path of the file in ATV? THANKS AGAIN!
I get it!
/System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/PlugIns/XBMCLauncher.frappliance/Contents
vigorous2008 Wrote:I get it!
/System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/PlugIns/XBMCLauncher.frappliance/Contents

grats! Tongue
you'll need to restart Finder to see the changes....
another problem occured! when i edit the Info.plist, Permission denied,only root user can edit the file,but I don't know the password of root! how can I get or reset the password of root?
vigorous2008 Wrote:another problem occured! when i edit the Info.plist, Permission denied,only root user can edit the file,but I don't know the password of root! how can I get or reset the password of root?

http://www.amazon.com/Mac-OS-Command-Lin...720&sr=1-1

closing....