Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can watch Movies on 360 but not TV Episodes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have tried this with both LINUX and WINDOWS builds any help would be appreciated.
huh? what the heck are you talking about? Could you be anymore vague?
Details man!
As the thread title suggests "I can watch movies on my xbox 360, but not television shows". all are in the library and shared over upnp, i can see the tv episodes but when i click to play them nothing happens. Have used both LINUX and WINDOWS builds to test this out.
See my signature for insturctions on how to obtain and post a debug log.
it appears that content type must be set to movie for the xbox 360 to play it over upnp, same as wmp cannot see anything but movies... limitation on microsofts part... any temp solution to force tv shows to show up as movies just over upnp and not in xbmc?
bump! im having the same problem, running xbmc on ubuntu via wireless to the xbox 360.
im not sure how exactly this is an xbmc problem to begin with.

XBMC does not run on the 360, its not any sort of server app in order to stream TO your 360...

so if you cant watch something on your 360, its not got anything to do with xbmc.
also, there is absolutely no limitations on the 360 being able to see movies vs tv episodes. the 360 doesnt care if its a movie or a tv show or home movies of your dog tinkling on a rosebush... it only cares that it understands what codec it is you are trying to play which, again, has nothing to do with xbmc itself.

please correct me if im wrong here.
but also check to make sure you are trying to stream a supported media type/codec to your 360 and not a file type that the 360 cant play at all.
harbingerofdoom Wrote:im not sure how exactly this is an xbmc problem to begin with.

XBMC does not run on the 360, its not any sort of server app in order to stream TO your 360...

so if you cant watch something on your 360, its not got anything to do with xbmc.
also, there is absolutely no limitations on the 360 being able to see movies vs tv episodes. the 360 doesnt care if its a movie or a tv show or home movies of your dog tinkling on a rosebush... it only cares that it understands what codec it is you are trying to play which, again, has nothing to do with xbmc itself.

please correct me if im wrong here.
but also check to make sure you are trying to stream a supported media type/codec to your 360 and not a file type that the 360 cant play at all.
xbmc has a built in upnp server that will send content to other devices, it doesn't transcode them, but is a fully functional upnp server.
This is an annoyance, isn't it?
It's frustrating that the episodes all display beautifully, and the library compiles on its own, only to have the "play" button act like it's just a decoration.

The problem's been isolated, as far as I can tell, on the osX version. See the thread here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/archive/index.php/t-62042.html

I guess one of the binary values is off in "object.item.videoItem.videoBroadcast"; but I can't get to it in Ubuntu.

I have filed a bug report: Ticket #10507

Quote:Description

On the XBOX 360 Console, The library will appear to be shared, and all episodes of a show are selectable, but clicking "Play" on the XBOX 360 media interface has no effect, so the selected episode will not play.

Files shared over upnp will not play unless the content type is set to 'movie', and each file is manually added to the library.

This problem exists across all platforms - OSx, Windows, Linux.

*NOTE: One forum user suggests that the problem can be traced back to the string " object.item.videoItem.videoBroadcast " but I cannot confirm this.

THANK YOU!