Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New thumbs not showing up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry if i'm a bit off topic.
My problem is not exactly the same, but is related to "folder.jpg" covers.
In my music library, I have some folder.jpg's in their respective album folders.
This works, but it's imposible to change it again. I placed a wrong folder.jpg in an album, but when i try to change it now (deleted the first folder.jpg and copied in the correct one) it is ignored. Still the same wrong (old and deleted) folder.jpg that is read.
"Clear library" has no effect.
Bug or by design?

(I'm running linuxport and the snapshot is from august 12).
wyild1 Wrote:Run a refresh on the album or artist in question. That should update the fanart for you. Also when you go into the Info for the album/artist, you can can set the fanart directly and it will read your new folder.jpg

Tried that, but it does not work.
I could fetch info, and the correct folder.jpg is shown at the "Info screen" (tried to re-confirm it), but at the album "list", it's still the old wrong coverart that is shown.

Another example where i cannot get/change info, and therefore not get/refresh Info, and pick another coverart, is where my folders is placed like this:

Artist
+Album1
+Album2
+folder.jpg

The only chance for changing coverart in this situation, is to manualy put in a new folder.jpg, but it has no effect.

Thanks for your sugestions Smile
sounds like you'll need to go to your UserData/thumbnails/Music folder and clear the cached images.
joebrady Wrote:sounds like you'll need to go to your UserData/thumbnails/Music folder and clear the cached images.

Good sugestion Joe.
Is there an easy way to find the coverart affected, or do I have to delete it all, and start all over? Sad
morfeus Wrote:Good sugestion Joe.
Is there an easy way to find the coverart affected, or do I have to delete it all, and start all over? Sad

if you use the filemanager in XBMC you may see a small thumbnail when in that directory, possible to find the offending one, but tedious.
joebrady Wrote:if you use the filemanager in XBMC you may see a small thumbnail when in that directory, possible to find the offending one, but tedious.

Thanks Joe!
Tedious, oooh yes, but i found it and it works now Smile