Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Any way to free up just a little more memory?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
besides using a different skin? i'm using mediastream_redux_mod. it only happens with certain files. my background images have been resized.

is there anything else i can do? am i even close?

http://pastebin.com/m76fe85a3
BroChaos Wrote:besides using a different skin? i'm using mediastream_redux_mod. it only happens with certain files. my background images have been resized.

is there anything else i can do? am i even close?

http://pastebin.com/m76fe85a3

Disable fan art and resize the images even lower... the xbox is just to limited and the texture for mediastream is just to large for it.. even the redux is just to much for the xbox to really handle...
Numus Wrote:Disable fan art and resize the images even lower... the xbox is just to limited and the texture for mediastream is just to large for it.. even the redux is just to much for the xbox to really handle...
Mediastream works fine on xbox even with fanart enabled.
And Mediastream Redux is even better the only reason you may have problems if your using either 720p or 1080p output
paul Wrote:Mediastream works fine on xbox even with fanart enabled.
And Mediastream Redux is even better the only reason you may have problems if your using either 720p or 1080p output

22:53:21 M: 46247936 INFO: GUI format 1280x720 720p 16:9

Laugh
i should have mentioned that all videos play fine under pm3hd. and yes, i'm using 720p output. also running build 22152.
To squeeze out any extra memory without changing your skin, you could make sure you do not have the UPnP client started , disable the Event Server, disable Internet lookups, and Auto-detect system all under Settings > Network.

Also, lower the cache settings to the lowest that still work for you under Settings > System > Cache.

The last thing I can see that you can safely do to maximize memory is to disable the RSS feed under Settings > Appearance > Look & Feel. This may not do hardly anything, but it's bound to use some memory to use this feature.

Your resolution is the biggest factor for free memory followed by the skin you use. You can try to further reduce the size of your fanart, but that would be counter-productive because they'll likely show just fine as higher resolution pictures using 480p.

Good luck!
Numus Wrote:22:53:21 M: 46247936 INFO: GUI format 1280x720 720p 16:9

Laugh

Is this the amount of memory you have freeHuh 46Mb? what skin? Mediastream Redux Mod is pretty much a no go for Xbox now.... even SD video crashes - with Xbox friendly fanart and backgrounds for me Sad
Geeba Wrote:Is this the amount of memory you have freeHuh 46Mb? what skin? Mediastream Redux Mod is pretty much a no go for Xbox now.... even SD video crashes - with Xbox friendly fanart and backgrounds for me Sad

That is from the OP's debug log... just showing he is using 720p and probably should just stick with PM3HD...
thanks for the tips guys, i'm going to play with all of the suggestions you've given me. yea, pm3hd does the trick, it seems like i only encounter the problem with higher bitrate files or h264 stuff.

my only desire to stick with mediastream is that is what my gf and 5 year old son have memorized, and sometimes i forget to put it back after watching something in pm3hd.
BroChaos Wrote:thanks for the tips guys, i'm going to play with all of the suggestions you've given me. yea, pm3hd does the trick, it seems like i only encounter the problem with higher bitrate files or h264 stuff.

my only desire to stick with mediastream is that is what my gf and 5 year old son have memorized, and sometimes i forget to put it back after watching something in pm3hd.

There is no comparison.. mediastream is a gorgeous skin, makes PM3HD look like garbage... but unfortunately that comes at a price... Try some of the other skins like Transparency..
Numus Wrote:There is no comparison.. mediastream is a gorgeous skin, makes PM3HD look like garbage... but unfortunately that comes at a price... Try some of the other skins like Transparency..

Garbage may be a bit harsh. Laugh.. its not got the wow factor that the Modded Meadiastream has... and Jezz-x's version still works fine on Xbox... the modded one has had alot of code lobbed at it since the original concept and does look very nice but is proving a little too much for xbox with what every memory steamlining I do.... hopefully djh's new skin will prove xbox friendly...
Geeba Wrote:Garbage may be a bit harsh. Laugh.. its not got the wow factor that the Modded Meadiastream has... and Jezz-x's version still works fine on Xbox... the modded one has had alot of code lobbed at it since the original concept and does look very nice but is proving a little too much for xbox with what every memory steamlining I do.... hopefully djh's new skin will prove xbox friendly...

Ya it was a little to harsh.. PM3HD is the skin i use on my HD box.. and PMIII on my sd box.. but i wish i could have mediastream, because it has the WOW factor down..
Numus Wrote:Ya it was a little to harsh.. PM3HD is the skin i use on my HD box.. and PMIII on my sd box.. but i wish i could have mediastream, because it has the WOW factor down..

You can use the original version (Jezz's) on Xbox Big Grin it only the Modded version thats it struggles with... oh and maybe AMT script might cause trouble... but that will also work if you delete the background picture or just use the plugin instead..... Cool
Geeba Wrote:You can use the original version (Jezz's) on Xbox Big Grin it only the Modded version thats it struggles with... oh and maybe AMT script might cause trouble... but that will also work if you delete the background picture or just use the plugin instead..... Cool

Might have to attempt that... is jezz's in the repo or do i need a direct link to get it...