Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: transcoded shows display a green screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I'm using XBMC running under Windows XP as a frontend for my MythTV PC.

If I transcode any recorded TV shows, they display a green screen when played back under XBMC. Audio is OK.

Playing the transcoded shows back under MyTHTV is fine.

Any ideas?

TIA

Peter
Not really, without more information in form of a debug log. Might be driver related ? Might be something completely different, we need alot more info.
Clumsy Wrote:Not really, without more information in form of a debug log. Might be driver related ? Might be something completely different, we need alot more info.

OK, specifically what information would you like? If you'd like a logfile, which one & where will I find it?

Since posting my questions, I've since found that VLC plays the transcoded video files OK, so I'm guessing its a codec issue within XBMC. Can the codecs be updated within XBMC?

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Peter
If you read the stickies or even any of our signatures, you'll see what information is required in order to post in a useful manner.

Thanks!
peterhocking Wrote:Hi
If I transcode any recorded TV shows, they display a green screen when played back under XBMC. Audio is OK.
Playing the transcoded shows back under MyTHTV is fine.
Any ideas?
Start MythTV frontend, go to the "Utilites/Setup- Setup - TV Settings - Recording Profiles - Software Encoders (if you have not mpeg2 tuner card)". Then manage profile for Live TV: set codec MPEG4 instead of RTjpeg.

That's all !

P.S. Please excuse my poor English...