Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Microsoft MCE + LIRC (ASRock 330)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am running latest XBMC PPA on my ASRock on a ubuntu installation . I now connected my Microsoft MCE Remote and configured it via LIRC. This all works fine. My XMBC is set to autostart when booting my ASRock.

But when I reboot, my MCE Remote doesn't work anymore. Ether in LIRC or XBMC.

When I plug out the remote and plug in again, it works in LIRC. Then I restart XBMC and it works. Maybe it is not an XBMC problem. Can anyone give me a hint, why the remote isn't working in LIRC after reboot?
hackyli Wrote:Hi,

I am running latest XBMC PPA on my ASRock on a ubuntu installation . I now connected my Microsoft MCE Remote and configured it via LIRC. This all works fine. My XBMC is set to autostart when booting my ASRock.

But when I reboot, my MCE Remote doesn't work anymore. Ether in LIRC or XBMC.

When I plug out the remote and plug in again, it works in LIRC. Then I restart XBMC and it works. Maybe it is not an XBMC problem. Can anyone give me a hint, why the remote isn't working in LIRC after reboot?

Just an idea:
Maybe your Mobo can not give enough power through the USB port.

Have you got any external hdd-s or other usb devices connected ?
No. I have connected USB-Bluetooth for my keyboard and it works fine.
That's strange it works fine for me. On an Asrock 330, and a MCE IR.
Quote:That's strange it works fine for me. On an Asrock 330, and a MCE IR.
Yes, same here

Quote:No. I have connected USB-Bluetooth
So do I without problem.
BUT I am pretty sure it count as a USB deviceWink So why not try to unplugg ALL USB devices except the remote just to be sure.

Quote:and configured it via LIRC. This all works fine
What config did you do? It should be enough to install it and select MS MCE remote.
Hi. Sorry, was busy these days.

I removed all lirc drivers manually and installed it again. Now it works fine. ;-)

But there is one more issue:
When XBMC is not used a long time, the screen is black. There is no way to activate XBMC with my remote. Only when I press any key on the keyboard, XBMC Screen shows up.

Seems like ubuntu is putting itself to any sort of "sleep". But it isn't a real sleep. Other programs, which I connect via Web-Interface via another PC, are still working. So, AS-Rock isn't in standby or hibernating mode. Any ideas?