Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: can i store scrape data on external hard drive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have searched and can not find the answer. Is it possible to store all imdb movie data on the external hard drive where the movies are located? I take my hard drive to work to update all data since I have a fast internet connection at work. Then I go home and connect it to my home computer. I want it to use all the data I already have from work and not try to update again.
Yes, just use a Media Manager (ie Ember).

Supplemental Tools for XBMC
scotcoinc Wrote:I have searched and can not find the answer. Is it possible to store all imdb movie data on the external hard drive where the movies are located? I take my hard drive to work to update all data since I have a fast internet connection at work. Then I go home and connect it to my home computer. I want it to use all the data I already have from work and not try to update again.
I have a similar issue... for this, just go to work, connect your HDD, start XBMC and scrape all you can scrape... then EXPORT the library into SEPARATE files... in this way NFO files (the xml files with the scraped movie data) thumbs and fanart, will be stored in the same dirs where the movies/tv-shows are stored... obviously using XBMC naming convention.
When you reconnect your HDD at home, or on any other PC running XBMC, you can just scan the library for updates, or rescrap single files, as you prefer, and XBMC will load info from NFO files rather than from the Internet.
This is a cool feature of XBMC because in this way you can store not only movies in removable media, but their info/thumbs/fanart too!!!