Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to disable Allowed error in aspect ratio (%) ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Refering to SVN 22205 +

How can I set this to 0% or disable it completely?
You can ONLY set 3%-20% in GUISettings. Stare

Why is default value set to 3% and not turned off by default. Preserving AR and original image is what do most of movie enthusiasts want.

Also after 22205 there is problem with instant crash with Minimeedia skin when going to Settings\Videos\Player in GUI after this was added to SVN. Is it possible that it's related to new code? Other skins works fine, just wondering... Nothing at all after keypress in log, just an instant crash (windows) / restart (linux)
I'm really surprised nobody else cares. Why should we have AR off by default even with the slightest bit without an option to turn it off?
here you can clearly see what's the problem:

http://comparescreenshots.slicx.com/comparison/12283

that's with default 3%

please fix this.
If you are going to use SVN versions, it may make sense for you to follow the updates.

In your case: r22350 (fixed: the aspect ratio setting had the parameters revesed making it impossible to set to zero if touched)
Believe me I was checking this at trac several times a day... just not before last reply. Was hoping someone could reply after fixing it if he's aware Smile Anyway good to hear it's fixed now, thanks.
Well, just know that when you are using SVN that you will have some new features that may not work as expected right away. Give it a while before declaring nobody cares.

Also, if you really want to get a developer's attention, file a trac ticket.
Almost 2 days with no reply seemed little bit odd for this important issue, that's all.
Nobody cares was reaction to my original statement "what most of movie enthusiasts want" and nobody said a word (I expected also replies from non-devs), so I guess I was wrong Eek Maybe most people don't catch 3% difference by eye then. Nerd
Probably nobody else really noticed the difference.
it was set by default to 0%, so nobody would spot it unless they touched the setting. If they did, it was impossible to set back to 0%. That is now fixed. The default is 3%, but you can revert it to 0% if you'd like.

Imho, 3% error is better than not filling screen in case of oddly cropped rips.