Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [HELP] Recently added fade out after certain idle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
delete..error posting
So I thought I had this sorted out, but I think it could be better.

Basically I want the recently added window to disappear after 12 seconds. I am currently using Aeon.

I used <visible>!System.IdleTime(12)</visible> to make it disappear, but I am having trouble adding a nice fade to it. I just can't seem to get the animation to work. Does anyone have an suggestions or a better way to do it than system idle?

Any help is much appreciated.
why not just add a animation effect to your control group

<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" delay="12000" time="250" reversible="false">Visible</animation>

that what i would do.
Here is the start of the control group...

<control type="group">
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" delay="12000" time="250" reversible="false">Visible</animation>
<visible>![Skin.HasSetting(homevis) + [Player.HasVideo | Player.HasAudio]]</visible>
<control type="grouplist" id="510">
<posx>46</posx>
<posy>40</posy>
<orientation>horizontal</orientation>

I added your line in, but it does not fade out. Any suggestion on what might fix it. This is right where I had my system idle coding.
ekim232 Wrote:Here is the start of the control group...

<control type="group">
<visible>![Skin.HasSetting(homevis) + [Player.HasVideo | Player.HasAudio]]</visible>
<control type="grouplist" id="510">
<posx>46</posx>
<posy>40</posy>
<orientation>horizontal</orientation>

I added your line in, but it does not fade out. Any suggestion on what might fix it. This is right where I had my system idle coding.

Try to change the "Visible" to "Hidden".
What I would like to see is it have the same nice animation affect it has when it appears as it does when it fades out after a set time. I figured I could add an counter animation below the current ones like so..

<animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" delay="500" time="400">Visible</animation>
<animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" delay="500" time="400" condition="System.IdleTime(10)">Hidden</animation>

Then do that for each group, but it did not work. Anyone have a suggestion on how to get these to fade out the same way after a certain amount of time. I think it would be a great feature and put focus back on your backdrops.
ekim232 Wrote:What I would like to see is it have the same nice animation affect it has when it appears as it does when it fades out after a set time. I figured I could add an counter animation below the current ones like so..

<animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" delay="500" time="400">Visible</animation>
<animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" delay="500" time="400" condition="System.IdleTime(10)">Hidden</animation>

Then do that for each group, but it did not work. Anyone have a suggestion on how to get these to fade out the same way after a certain amount of time. I think it would be a great feature and put focus back on your backdrops.

there is the type of animation "VisibleChange" as well.
and by the way, both of those animations you posted right now are fading from 0 to 100, the end fade should start at 100 and end at 0.