Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Has anyone EVER gotten XBMC to work or install in Debian Lenny?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Ive been spending many many hours to get it to compile, but without luck. I got the configure to go without problems eventually, but make does not work. I have seen many threads here, but none of them really solves any problems.

My question: Is there anyone that has gotten this to work on Debian Lenny, and that has a small HOWTO get it to work?!

Thanks so very much in advance!!!

Kind regards,

Nemo
i have a working xbmc on debian squeeze. lenny has too old packages.

here is a list of packages you need to install to have it all working:
PHP Code:
libdbus-1-3 libsdl1.2debian libsdl-gfx1.2-4 libsdl-image1.2 libsdl-mixer1.2 libsdl-sound1.2 libfribidi0 libcdio7 liblzo2-2 liblzo2-2 libfreetype6 libbz2-1.0 libsqlite3-0 python2.4 python-sqlite libglew1.5 gawk libsmbclient libasound2 libmms0 libcurl3 libxinerama1 x11-common xserver-xorg-core libxrandr2 libxrender1 libmad0 libtre4 libvorbis0a libpcre3 libjasper1 libfontconfig1 libenca0 libfaac0 libpulse0 libmysqlclient15off libcurl4-openssl-dev mesa-utils libsamplerate0 x11-xserver-utils 

just apt-get install them. then you need to download xbmc deb's from ppa site. unpack them in a directory /root/xbmc with dpkg -x xbmc...... coppy all unpacket files into their proper destination