Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [QUESTION]Conditions in root node
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Lets say I have three view types in video library - id 50,51,52.

50 is the container that shows only in root node, the rest are media views.

What I want to do is show different image in root (50) when coming from 51 than when coming from 52. Possible?
Code:
<visible>Window.Previous()</visible>
?
Hitcher Wrote:
Code:
<visible>Window.Previous()</visible>
?

Unfortunately that doesnt help. Root is the same window. I would need Control.Previous()
Should be fairly simple to add to the xbmc source from memory as already added similar code to xbmc so will have a look as could be quite usefull Big Grin

Update: Currently there is Container.Viewmode, Container.NextViewMode, Container.PreviousViewMode so i guess would be looking in adding Container.GetPreviousViewMode
@EqUiNoX

Sorry, but I am not sure I understand what you mean Smile
hehe, if i added a command like Container.GetPreviousViewMode then you can do summin like <visible>Substring(substring(Container.GetPreviousViewMode,Media View 1,left))<visible> or <visible>Substring(substring(Container.GetPreviousViewMode,Media View 2,left))<visible>

but i guess a command like Container.IsPreviousViewMode(x) would be better where you can do <visible>Container.IsPreviousViewMode(51)</visible> or <visible>Container.IsPreviousViewMode(52)</visible> thus you can hide various controls depending on which view mode you came from.
Thanks. The second one would do exactly what I am after here. In fact it would be great.
Perhaps some pictures of what you are wanting to achieve (and why) would be useful?

No point adding things unless there's a real reason for it, and atm I don't understand exactly what you are trying to accomplish Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
JM as you would say, pure eye candy Wink Unless blur is supported I need to fake it somehow.

In the video of Surface, when going back to root a fake blurred image appears. Now if I wanted to go back from another view (container) how would I tell XBMC to show another fake image of that particular blurred view?

Of course if I had to choose, I would prefer proper blur animation instead Smile
jmarshall Wrote:Perhaps some pictures of what you are wanting to achieve (and why) would be useful?

No point adding things unless there's a real reason for it, and atm I don't understand exactly what you are trying to accomplish Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG2HudEpBGk#t=0m29s
Even with blur that wouldn't work, as you don't (and neither does xbmc) have access to what was rendered at the previous content level. So at best you'd be faking it with some image that doesn't contain the actual content that the user was viewing, right?

EDIT: And I can't see where you need this from the video - the only blurring I see is when you bring up a dialog?

Cheers,
Jonathan
jmarshall Wrote:Even with blur that wouldn't work, as you don't (and neither does xbmc) have access to what was rendered at the previous content level. So at best you'd be faking it with some image that doesn't contain the actual content that the user was viewing, right?

Cheers,
Jonathan

Of course you would fake it. The fake image however, if crafted well can bring excellent results. It works very well.

EDIT: Proper blur support would still find a lot of use elswhere even if it couldnt be used in this situation.
jmarshall Wrote:EDIT: And I can't see where you need this from the video - the only blurring I see is when you bring up a dialog?

Cheers,
Jonathan

If you look close you see it is not a dialog, it is the root node with feel of dialog.
Seems like I've solved your problem then, right? Just use a dialog instead :p

Cheers,
Jonathan
Ah well..I wish you did. Guess I can say goodbye to this idea for now right?
Pages: 1 2