Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Framerate conversion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere, but I can't find it in the forums or wiki.

What happened to the framerate conversion option? I'm using one of the more recent svn nightly builds, so I assume something has changed since the official documented release.

The reason I ask is that I have some content that was ripped at 25fps and it plays back stuttery. What is the option/setting to get it to be converted to 30Hz/60Hz/NTSC?
The only option we have is "sync playback to display", and that isn't going to help you in this case.
bobo1on1 Wrote:The only option we have is "sync playback to display", and that isn't going to help you in this case.

So why was the option of converting NTSC <-> PAL removed?
I don't think we ever had such an option.

The only thing we have that comes close is "sync playback to display" with the A/V sync method set to resample.
That can be used to speed up 23.976 and 24 fps to 25 if you have a tv that can only do 50 hertz.
bobo1on1 Wrote:I don't think we ever had such an option.

The only thing we have that comes close is "sync playback to display" with the A/V sync method set to resample.
That can be used to speed up 23.976 and 24 fps to 25 if you have a tv that can only do 50 hertz.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Videos_Settings#Player
That was an xbox only option.
bobo1on1 Wrote:That was an xbox only option.

Would it be that hard to implement on the other platforms?
i'm sure it WAS hard. we have that now, if you sync to display and use resample... it's exactly what the mplayer stuff did
spiff Wrote:i'm sure it WAS hard. we have that now, if you sync to display and use resample... it's exactly what the mplayer stuff did

Excuse my ignorance here, but I can't quite figure this out here. If my display does not support support 25Hz or 50Hz how will syncing to display help?

What sync method do I use? Video clock, resample audio?
OH dang, that way around, i somehow read ntsc -> pal.

no, we can't do pal -> ntsc properly yet afaik.