Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Issues with album thumbs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

When I scan music for thumbnails (FLAC and WAV) some albums were recognized but some don't. When I rightclick the album and choose Album Info it displays "downloading art" but nothing happens next. There are other albums with no auto thumb, but when i repeat the same process as described above it DOES go to the next screen and can select thumb (from my NAS) manually.

I know that foldername's with subfolders give some problems (to me), but I also have this problem with single folder albums and there are no weird files inside the folders only flac/wav's and 1 or 2 jpg's for the album art.

Already deleted the .db file and scanned again but same result. Does somebody knows how to fix/work around this? Video art works fine btw!

Kind regards,

Remy
Wow! 65 views and no reply's...... Confused
Best bet with music is to embed the album art into your ID3 tags. Having properly tagged music also aleviates many problems with music scanning and thumbs in general.

On top of deleting the db, you can also delete the cached thumb directory

Also, make sure your version of xbmc is fairly up-to-date for best results.

make sure you've read all this. http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Thumbnails#Music_Thumbnails

If you've done all this and still have problems, see my signature for instuctions on how to properly submit a debug log for the most help from the community.
thanks for the tip m8 i'll get right on it!
After altering the TAGS again and rename the album art everything works fine now. Thanks for the help! Laugh

Remy