Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help with library view [Windows]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'm a new user and am very impressed so far. I have been using xLobby despite its quite dated UI for one particular reason, how it organises my film collection.

My set up is a dual core PC running Vista. I have approx. 4,600 films/episodes spread over two internal HDD's and 7 external HDD's. In XBMC I have added my HDD's as sources and to view my material I have to go to each drive individually to view. Is there a way that I can get XBMC to look across all the HDD's and present them in one list without having to back to the root every time and change to another HDD. At the moment it is pot luck as to where a film is and I sometimes have to go backwards and forwards two or three times. This is where xLobby scored as it would present them all in one list.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Martin
After you've added a source, you also need to set the content.. then you can enable Library mode.

Check the FAQ for step-by-step instructions.
http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=38964
Hi,

Thanks for the prompt response. I followed your advice and can now see how it works.

This has thrown up an issue which I think I understand but would love clarification from someone.

I started to set content 1 external HDD at a time, folder by folder (By the way, is there any way of doing a global scan as I will have to set the content 4,600 odd times?). Almost all of the films were recognised and added to the library with a few exceptions.

I think I have narrowed down the problem of the unrecognised files. The PC running XBMC currently has no internet access due to a recent house move and the difference between the folders that were added to the library and the ones that weren't was a 'movies.xml' file from the MCE MyMovies plug-in that I utilised when I was testing MCE as a front-end before I decided that it didn't do the job. So what I am left with is that only about 2/3rds of my movie folders have that file.

It looks like in the absence of an internet connection, the required info is being scraped from the xml file, hence folders that have the file are ok and get accepted and ones that don't are not recognised. Is that assumption correct?

I have done a bit of searching for a possible fix and have come across the method of creating an empty text file for offline movies. Will this do the trick?

If not is there anyway of getting all my files into the library or do I have to wait until I have an internet connection?

Thanks,

Martin