Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Colors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi ronie,
I've been looking around at color themes and I have found the defaults.xml in the colors folder. I of course had to learn something new, I had never heard of aarrggbb format, anyway, I have a modified defaults.xml, I kept your trransparency values and replaced the original one but still the colors don't change. As you know, "color" is not a very rewarding search term in xml files, I tried skintheme and skincolor and found them in guisettings.xml but I have found no reference as to how the colors are actually assigned. A litlle help is needed, "Oh Master of the skin" Wink (this could probably make a decent horror film)
if you want to create a new colortheme (text colors) you have to copy the defaults.xml file to a new xml file in Transparency!\colors

like:
Transparency!\colors\defaults.xml
Transparency!\colors\test.xml

next, modify only the aarrggbb values in test.xml

when your done, select your new colotheme in:
Settings > Appearance > Look & Feel > Colours

hope this answers your question.
You know, when you are tired and should be in bed but keep on working... that's the time when you make mistakes. That's exactly what happened last night, I was changing the colors on the AppleTV and checking the results on my Mac... no comment Blush

Anyway, here is a slideshow of my first attempt and as you can see, especially in the weather screen, it brings on inconsistencies

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/show/

here is the code:
Code:
<colors>
    <color name="white">FFFFFFFF</color>
    <color name="black">FF000000</color>
    <color name="lightgrey">88FFFFFF</color>
    <color name="grey">66FFFFFF</color>
    <color name="darkgrey">33FFFFFF</color>
<!-- RED -->
    <color name="lightblue">FFFF001D</color>
<!-- GREEN -->
    <color name="blue">FF1DFF00</color>
<!-- BLUE -->
    <color name="darkblue">FF001CFF</color>

<!--
<color name="lightblue">FF99D8FF</color>
<color name="blue">FF4DBAFF</color>
<color name="darkblue">FF009CFF</color>
-->
</colors>
jpf55 Wrote:You know, when you are tired and should be in bed but keep on working... that's the time when you make mistakes. That's exactly what happened last night, I was changing the colors on the AppleTV and checking the results on my Mac... no comment Blush

Anyway, here is a slideshow of my first attempt and as you can see, especially in the weather screen, it brings on inconsistencies

maybe the 'red' color is a bit too dark, if that's what you mean. you could choose a lighter red colour to improve readability. in my experience, light colors work best with the skin.
Yes I agree, it might even be a lighter or different green but my concern is that all the graphic highlights are blueish... more to come