Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Enable Powerdvd as external player in xbmc for windows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi - I am a total newb to all this xbmc stuff and was wondering if someone could give me a point by point guide as how I go about using power DVD as an external player, as this player has GPU hardware acceleration support which I need as my system is an Acer Revo which uses the Atom proc. Therefore, I need to of load it to the NVIDIA ION chip.

Thanks

Scott
xbmc.org/wiki. search for external player
Thanks - i've added the following to the advancedsettings.xml file:

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<defaultplayer>externalplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>
<externalplayer>
<filename>C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD9\PowerDVD9.exe
<args>-fs</args>
<forceontop>true</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</externalplayer>
</advancedsettings>

But when i try to execute a hdwmv via xbmc using the external player link, nothing happens and the xbmc log indicates the following error:

20:44:24 T:3052 M:877355008 ERROR: Error loading special://profile/advancedsettings.xml, Line 12

Please help.
No closing tag for filename.
yes just noticed this - i dont understand xml. Compared it to the one in the wiki again.

For some reason im still getting audio issues - the sound track is all over the place the wrong bits of audio at the wrong time worse than being out of sync. I thought using an external player with Hardware accel would solve it. Video is spot on at 1080p now its just the audio (720p also affected). If i play them directly through powerdvd without going through xbmc first, they work fine.

Thanks
External players are a cop-out solution to playback problems. It doesn't help the project at all. Please read the sticky about posting problems in a useful manner and start a new thread regarding your audio issue.