Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Issue adding multi-episode DVD images
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running 9.4 Repack 2 on WinXP64.

I've just bought The Office Season 5, and I've ripped it to a set of 5 .iso files (one for each disc), as I've done with each of the other TV show DVDs I've got. In the past, I've had no problems with this, but for some reason it now only wants to add the final episode on each .iso to the library.

If I use either the "Update Library"* function, or I go out of library mode, find the TV show folder and use "TV Show Information" to add it to the library, it seems to show every episode being downloaded properly from TheTVdb.com -- I see episode numbers and names properly reporting in the box -- but when I look at the actual episode listing, only the first n discs (where n is a number between 0 and 4) actually had their episodes added properly, the remainder only getting the last episode.

The files are structured like so:
Code:
J:\TV Shows\The Office (US)\The Office.5x01.5x02.5x03.5x04.5x05.iso
J:\TV Shows\The Office (US)\The Office.5x06.5x07.5x08.5x09.5x10.5x11.iso
J:\TV Shows\The Office (US)\The Office.5x12.5x13.5x14.5x15.5x16.iso
J:\TV Shows\The Office (US)\The Office.5x17.5x18.5x19.5x20.5x21.5x22.iso
J:\TV Shows\The Office (US)\The Office.5x23.5x24.5x25.5x26

I've tried the various settings that look like they might have an effect ("stack duplicate TV shows", "Treat stacked files as single file"), but nothing seems to help.

Does anyone know what I can do to make this work properly? Thanks in advance.

*As an aside, I used to use the "automatic update" function to scan for new movies / shows when I started XBMC, but a while back that stopped picking anything up, and I switched to doing it manually. In the course of my investigations today, I've discovered that every single sub-folder in my libraries is set to "exclude path from library updates", which isn't what I want. Is there any way to stop it setting this flag on new folders created (by the OS) within an existing source? Or to unset it globally without having to go through several hundred folders manually?
see the how to post in a useful manner thread. thanks. the exclude thing sounds like a nasty bug
I've put up a debug log at http://pastebin.com/m44fa62fe

Is there anything else I need to add?

If it is a bug, why has it only shown up now? I know I've added other TV shows since I last upgraded it without a problem...
try

The Office.s05e01-e02-e03-e04-e05.iso

or

The Office.s05e01-02-03-04-05.iso

I forget which I use that works
#
16:52:20 T:2772 M:3577831424 ERROR: SQLite: Abort due to constraint violation
Query: insert into tvshowlinkepisode (idShow,idEpisode) values (105,3131)

for some reason your db has become corrupt i'm afraid. it tries to add info that's there from before, gets that error and bails out.

filenames are fine.
Spiff: So, what can I do to fix it?

I'm loathe to wipe out the database and rebuild it from scratch, because it would be a day or so's work to define which .iso's are movies, and which are bonus features, and to rename foreign films and the like. Not to mention the issue with having to go into every folder (and every movie has its own folder) manually to add things into the library.

I'd rather know that there's no other way before I start that.
you could use one of the media manager applications to pre-scrap movie details and images/fanart.

http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=116

I would suggest you try a couple of them and read the various threads there to figure out which works best for you.
seriously wonky, you aren't helping anyone with those off-topic answers.

there may be ways to fix your db using sqlite and exec's directly on the db but i have no straight answers as to what that would entail. so unless you have good sql-fu i thinkk you're out of luck mate
Hrm. I know a thing or two about SQL, so I suppose it'll be worth trying. Worst case scenario, I waste half an hour before I need to nuke the db, anyway.

Thanks for the help.
Woohoo! A little SQL hackery to delete the existing entries, and I managed to get it to add the episodes back in properly.

Thanls, Spiff, for the advice. It saved me a day or so of slog.