Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Linux]Problem switching resolutions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'am trying to use xbmc with my new samsung le40b650. What I've got so far is flawless playback of 1080p/1080i HD movies with the proper framerate switching. So for a 24.97fps movie it wil switch to [email protected].

Now here is the problem. If I playback a 720p movie in 24.97, xbmc switches to [email protected]. I got modelines for 1280x720@50 and 1280x720@60 but not for 24.97 should I add one for this mode if it exists?

The same applies for SD content. If I playback a DVD xmbc switches to 1920x1080@50. So xbmc does the scaling. I got a modeline for 720x576@50.

So now is the question, is it possible that xbmc switches to 1280x720 or 720x576 if I playback a file in those resolutions? That way the TV can do all the scaling.
does really XBMC support autoresolution ?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=57351
Hmmm that's was the question indeed. I assumed it was possible but looks like I'm wrong. I would be a very nice feature though, because the scaler on my TV or on my receiver is probably better then a software one.

If it's not possible I've got to look for other methods to play the content in the right resolutions.
Usually a sw scaler is much better of majority embedded tv scalers. Expecially if u enable hq scaler.